(Hey hey hey, this was not easy to do. Car requests with complete thought isn't as simple!)
The second-gen Viper is definitely a beauty…in my opinion, of course. I first experienced this car in Gran Turismo 3 as the second B-License test, B-2. In said test, you drive a Viper GTS through a section of the Test Course. You must accelerate, then brake at the 1000m mark as there are cones there that you must not hit, otherwise you fail the test. This test was a close followup to B-1, where almost the same scenario is played…the only change being a slower car.
This car has the highest top speed in the Professional League event Like The Wind, which features high-powered cars, but not all of them are tuned properly, resulting in insufficient speed for their horsepower. The event requires the S-License, the highest-tiered road license in the game.
But to redirect you towards the main subject, Dodge introduced a performance package for their second-gen Viper named American Club Racing, or the ACR for short.
The package has new suspension and aims to make the car more lightweight, such as removing parts from the interior and other miscellaneous items that were deemed unnecessary. The ACR package reduced the Viper's weight by over 50 pounds, and also increased the power to 460 bhp.
The ACR variant now spans across the Viper lineup, being a package for the newer models as well, including the latest VX I. The ACR package of those Vipers were also in games, mainly Forza. The staff at Turn 10 must have an interest in these…Hey, wait a minute! This car already exists as a mod! You just worded it differently!
And…you are not wrong. This car was made by Dark Ritual. However, there are things that still make me request this car despite the mod's existence:
- This mod was made in 2011, over 8 years! And this is definitely not a new reason for me in my requests…
- The model used was from Forza Motorsport 3, and by this time, I'm pretty sure
Turn 10 didn't cut off the series after that. Also, the ACR badge is missing, although the fog lamps are not present.
- Despite the attribute edits, I cannot seem to find no advantage than using vanilla Viper SRT-10.Then what about Eclipse 72rus' Dodge Hennessey Venom 800 TT?
Like the ACR package, Hennessey also provides performance packages for cars, even making their own cars, like the Venom GT.
The mod, like Dark Ritual's mod, is also heavy and I notice no difference when compared to the other mod. Maybe it's because I'm used to smooth handling cars more…
- Model: Thanks, DMN, for the rips!Forza Horizon 3Forza Motorsport 4
- Replacement slot: Cobalt SS/CTS/Viper SRT-10–Any of the 3…
- Performance: Better than the Viper, retaining the supercharger trait. The SR II Viper wouldn't get a turbocharger until 2000…
engine sounds–swapped Viper SRT-10
- Vinyls (SRT Viper GTS colors with associated stripes replacing the Contest vinyls)
Not mine, by the way, gameplay videos of the car in action (by release date):Forza MotorsportForza Motorsport 2Forza Motorsport 3Forza Motorsport 4Forza Motorsport 5Forza Motorsport 6Forza Horizon 3Forza Motorsport 7
(Pretty much almost every Forza game…and note that this excludes the non-ACR GTS, otherwise this would have been a bigger list.)
Thanks for your time. If I wasted it? Not my intended purpose……and not my problem…