[MW2005] - Ford RS200 Evolution

June 8, 2018, 6:49 p.m.
I was indecisive between two Fords I wanted to request next, so I had one of my best friends help me pick, and the winner, which he picked, was the RS200.
…But what about the other Ford? I might request that eventually…in another thread. I also won't tell you what car it is until then–I don't want my request being quote-on-quote "stolen", but it is great that others share the same interest as I do.

The RS200 was an entry for the FIA World Rally Championship by Ford, and it was not their only one. Unfortunately, the tragic accidents in the 1986 Rally de Portugal and the 1987 Hessen-Rallye (both caused deaths and injuries) contributed to the Group B division of the WRC being cut by FIA, and made the car obsolete, as it was built to comply with regulations that said Group B had.

The RS200 Evolution was the variant Ford was working on after the Group B ban, and the finished car competed in one of the FIA's other motorsport events: the European Rallycross Championship. The RS200 Evolution went on a four-year championship streak in the years 1988 to 1992.

As for video game appearances, this car appears in every Forza game since Forza Motorsport 3 consistently so far. It has no NFS appearances (come on, EA…), and appears in about half of the Gran Turismo games, counting both the road and rally variants.

Personal preferences:
- Model: Rich history on Forza soil, although not every model in the games has been ripped yet, if any difference exists between the games. Credits to DMN for the rips.
Forza Motorsport 7
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Motorsport 4
- Replacement slot: Cobalt SS/CTS/Elise–Any of those 3.
- Performance: Better than the vanilla car the RS200 is replacing–and also, the car is turbocharged… 
engine sounds–Stock: Beta BMW M3 GTR/Unused Porsche 928 (por_928 0x4f32fc80)
Race/Pro: Unused Chevrolet (?) sound (chv_cav_a 0xc64433db)–if replacing the Elise, this gets omitted
Super Pro/Ultimate: Fully upgraded Cobalt SS/CTS (chv_cav_b 0x6f046022)
- Vinyls (one of them can be the livery that was used in the WRC. No game currently has the livery right–the closest in my opinion was Colin McRae Rally 2005; credits to PSkotch for that model)
June 10, 2018, 4:17 p.m.
Are you lookin for this car?
Attachments
June 10, 2018, 9:29 p.m.
Are you lookin for this car?
Eeeyup, that's the one.
And FYI, the only mod of said car on this site isn't satisfactory to my needs.
June 11, 2018, 3:04 a.m.
Yeah i get ya! Sadly that Ford replaces Corvette and it sounds like a corvette!

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}