Need for Speed Underground 2 black screen, but sounds still playing

Feb. 18, 2018, 11:35 p.m.
Here are the specs of my laptop: 
Intel i3-2328M 
Intel HD Graphics 3000 
Windows 10 64 bit 

The game still ran very fine for the first few weeks. That is until I changed the resolution in-game last night. 

When I opened the game, I saw that the graphics and details settings were suddenly set to low. I didn t even touch the settings before exiting the game. I tried to change that by changing the resolution first from 640 x 480 to at least 800 x 600. However when I did that, the game screen turned entirely black, but I can still hear the game music, game UI sounds, etc. 

So I thought maybe this is just a glitch. so I restarted the game. It won t show anything but a black screen, but the game sounds and the intro sound still plays. Even the UI sounds still play. 

What can I do to fix this?
Feb. 19, 2018, 7:35 a.m.
You can use the NFSU2 Widescreen Fix by ThirteenAG:

Click the arrow at the right of the Download button and select "Developer Build (untested)".

Using the NFSU2.WidescreenFix.ini, you can set it up as you like. (Leave ResX and ResY 0 to use your desktop resolution.) As far as I know, it also fixes settings getting reset.

Brotip: Don't install the ModUpdater.
Feb. 19, 2018, 8:47 a.m.
[ltr]ok so I installed the widescreen fix, and it semi-worked.[/ltr]

[ltr]what I mean by "semi-worked" is that I opened the game. it was just black. I attempted to "alt-Tab" but the screen wouldn't respond
(still black) but the game was already minimized. so I press my laptop's power button to put it to sleep. I turned it on back again and I'm now on the desktop. I clicked the NFSU2 task button……and the screen showed the THX logo for a split second, before turning black again.[/ltr]

[ltr]is there any fix to this?  I'm getting really frustrated…[/ltr]
Feb. 20, 2018, 9:40 a.m.
any solutions to this problem?

Active Topics

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}