Need for Speed Underground 2 black screen, but sounds still playing

Feb. 18, 2018, 11:35 p.m.
Here are the specs of my laptop: 
Intel i3-2328M 
2.20GHz 
Intel HD Graphics 3000 
4GB RAM 
Windows 10 64 bit 

The game still ran very fine for the first few weeks. That is until I changed the resolution in-game last night. 

When I opened the game, I saw that the graphics and details settings were suddenly set to low. I didn t even touch the settings before exiting the game. I tried to change that by changing the resolution first from 640 x 480 to at least 800 x 600. However when I did that, the game screen turned entirely black, but I can still hear the game music, game UI sounds, etc. 

So I thought maybe this is just a glitch. so I restarted the game. It won t show anything but a black screen, but the game sounds and the intro sound still plays. Even the UI sounds still play. 

What can I do to fix this?
Feb. 19, 2018, 7:35 a.m.
You can use the NFSU2 Widescreen Fix by ThirteenAG:
http://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#nfs

Click the arrow at the right of the Download button and select "Developer Build (untested)".

Using the NFSU2.WidescreenFix.ini, you can set it up as you like. (Leave ResX and ResY 0 to use your desktop resolution.) As far as I know, it also fixes settings getting reset.

Brotip: Don't install the ModUpdater.
Feb. 19, 2018, 8:47 a.m.
[ltr]ok so I installed the widescreen fix, and it semi-worked.[/ltr]

[ltr]what I mean by "semi-worked" is that I opened the game. it was just black. I attempted to "alt-Tab" but the screen wouldn't respond
(still black) but the game was already minimized. so I press my laptop's power button to put it to sleep. I turned it on back again and I'm now on the desktop. I clicked the NFSU2 task button……and the screen showed the THX logo for a split second, before turning black again.[/ltr]

[ltr]is there any fix to this?  I'm getting really frustrated…[/ltr]
Feb. 20, 2018, 9:40 a.m.
any solutions to this problem?

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}