Need for Speed Underground 2 with Cops!! Is it possible?

April 6, 2017, 3:56 a.m.
Guys, this is something completely random but kinda awesome and something that NEEDS to happen really badly; is it possible to add police cars in Need for Speed Underground 2 other than simply making a traffic car look like a cop car?

I don't really mean proper heat levels and hot pursuit chases like in Most Wanted, Carbon and Undercover, just some cop cars in the game that you can see cruising around Bayview and as they see you fly by them in your Civic or Corolla, while challenging another racer to an outrun, or trying to beat the clock while attempting to score a magazine cover, they engage a chase upon you, with something like this;

"I've got a speeder here, yeah code-3 chase he's not stopping. Speed's way over the posted limit and increasing. Suspect vehicle's a black/blue/red/silver/white/green/yellow/purple - Nissan/Honda/Acura/Toyota/Mitsubishi/Subaru etc…"

Or something like…

"I've got a hit and run suspect here dispatch. The driver spotted me, yeah code-3 chase he's not stopping. Suspect's in a black/blue/red/silver/white/green/yellow/purple - Nissan/Honda/Acura/Toyota/Mitsubishi/Subaru etc…"

We could make 'em appear to be upgraded and with newer more better cars as we unlock and upgrade our own cars with the career's progression, just to make 'em harder. Here's what I was going for;

**STAGE 1:- _City Center;_**
Pursuit Civic Cruiser (stock performance). About 1-5 in number

**STAGE 2:- _Beacon Hill;_**
Pursuit Volkswagen Golf GTI (level 'Street' Engine, Transmission, ECU, Nitrous Oxide). About 5-10 in number

**STAGE 3:- _Jackson Heights;_**
Pursuit Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (level 'Street' complete performance). About 5-10 in number

**STAGE 4:- _Coal Harbor East;_**
Pursuit Subaru WRX STI (level 'Pro' complete performance). About 10-15 in number

**STAGE 5:- _Coal Harbor West;_**
Pursuit Nissan 350Z (level 'Extreme' complete performance). Maximum of about 20+

In regard of damage as everyone knows how in UG2, a minor collision with a traffic car takes you down as well, we can keep the damage more stable by giving the cop cars similar physics like street racer; your car would not be taken down as well while hitting them unless you crash with full speed.

Now, what the cops can do, is that they can chase us while we're ripping the streets of Bayview in Explore Mode or during a race like Sprints or Circuits. What their objective would be to ram and attempt to throw our car off the road by taking us down and box us in a corner as more cops start to appear. A chase bar similar to our outrun bar can pop up on the right side of the screen contrary to the outrun bar with a cop car insignia on it. If too many cops corner us and the bar fills up red, reading the words in bold as "BUSTED!". A specific amount of our bank could be taken away depending on what stage you're on;

**STAGE 1/2:-** _-100 Bank_
**STAGE 3/4:-** _-250 Bank_
**STAGE 5:-** _-400 Bank_

Now I've given you an idea how the cops will work, here's what we can do to counter the 5-0. Shake the cops off of your six like you do to any other outrun racer you challenge on the streets, only this time you've got more than one. Unlike outrun racers, you can easily kill them once by ramming them at full speed, forcing them to a wall, or a traffic car, or by stunning them by simply flipping their car around and over. Once you've cleared off a bit of the heat, hit the gas and try to get as far away as possible. The chase bar would likely be filled up blue depending on how far away we are from them and a message can pop up saying "You lost the Cops!" No bank would be rewarded once we succeed, just like any other Need for Speed.
We could also add cop-speech from an old BETA version of Need for Speed Most Wanted that was, according to Speedyheart; supposed to be released after Need for Speed Underground in 2004.

Here's a link to the video she discovered, if anyone's interested. We could insert the cop-speech from here if it is possible. The reason I chose this game was because many of the car companies the cops mention are actually in Need for Speed Underground 2; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kr0fbOn3Zg
Check out more of her videos. She's doing an awesome job :)

Well guys, that's just about all I would like to say. Please go through this and please comment if the possibility of bringing cops to Need for Speed Underground 2 can be made into a reality. The game would be even more better and worthwhile in this way.
Peace and Love y'all..
April 6, 2017, 8:36 a.m.
mmm
Are you asking this because of that coding library thing that some guy posted at that driving passion site? Because I haven't checked it in a while but the last time I did it didn't seem like we could do so much coding/scripting to the game yet like you suggest :/
April 6, 2017, 10:12 p.m.
Its impossible. Unless your one of the people who made U2
April 6, 2017, 11:08 p.m.
Nothing is impossible.
April 7, 2017, 9:23 a.m.
i think its possible,just like NFSW offline,Berkay thought it was impossible and yet here we are with Soapbox,i agree fully thats its possible,to actualy get people to do this,now that is impossible.
April 7, 2017, 12:13 p.m.
For that we would need to reverse engineer the game to add a feature so complex into the game. With NFSW it was `easier` because the game itself was not touched but they`re providing a server for the game so that it can run like it did back in the day.
April 8, 2017, 3:53 a.m.
That's exactly what I mean BadHairDay, but just in case, can you gimme a link just in case? I don't recall it much :p
But yeah, if you say it IS possible, why not?
April 8, 2017, 5:03 a.m.
Nothing is impossible.

Well, we've seen a Visual Reputation Remover as well for the game haven't we? Now I don't really know how that works exactly, but if we could manipulate the game's GLOBAL file or make the game believe there _are_ cops, with their own sound speech and everything, that'll be epic!

Also, I don't really know if we have to mod the cars into converting them into cops for good, which would likely make them unplayable for the racers or if not, then making 'em fixed for all - which is bad. Here are the parts I was going for each car to have;

**STAGE 1:-**
Car: Pursuit Civic Cruiser Unit
Parts: none. Just like a Civic Cruiser is in all NFS games
Performance: same as in Need for Speed Carbon excluding the NOS.
Paint/Vinyls: none. Just like a Civic Cruiser is in all NFS games but with a custom made BVPD sticker

**STAGE 2:-**
Car: 2002 Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk4
Parts: not mentioned are assumed stock
_Front Bumper (Rohan)
Rear Bumper (Rohan)
Side Skirts (Rohan)
Roof Scoop (Police Lights)
Exhaust Tips (Rocket)
Rims (Volkwagen Golf R32 Mk5 Stock Rims)_  
Performance: Level 'STREET' Engine, ECU, Transmission, Nitrous Oxide
Paint/Vinyls: Black Paint, White Stripe Body Vinyls with POLICE written across the side, rear and hood, BVPD sticker across the front two doors.

**STAGE 3:-**
Car: 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
_Front Bumper (Strike)
Rear Bumper (Strike)
Side Skirts (Strike)
Exhaust Tips (Rumble)
Rims (Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Stock Rims)_
Performance: Level 'STREET' fully upgraded performance
Paint/Vinyls: Need for Speed Undercover STATE POLICE Vinyl with the BVPD sticker across the hood.

**STAGE 4:-**
Car: 2004 Subaru WRX STI
_Front Bumper (Blast)
Rear Bumper (Blast)
Side Skirts (Blast)
Exhaust Tips (Rocket)
Rims (Subaru BRZ Stock Rims)_
Performance: Level 'PRO' fully upgraded performance
Paint/Vinyls: Need for Speed Undercover SUPER STATE POLICE Vinyl with the BVPD sticker across the hood and doors.

**STAGE 5:-**
Car: 2003 Nissan 350Z
Widebody Kits (Vapor)
Exhaust Tips (Rocket)
Rims (Infiniti G35 Stock Rims)_
Performance: Level 'EXTREME' fully upgraded performance
Paint/Vinyls: Need for Speed Undercover FEDERAL POLICE Vinyl with the BVPD sticker across the hood and doors.

What I suggest is that we ought to make separate folders for these cars from their original counterparts just like they are in any other Need for Speed game (if it IS possible to add cars into NFSUG2, then I guess we might have no problem).

OR

Another thing which we can do is to save these customized variants into the game just like Caleb's GTO and his crew's cars which we race in the end are saved. We can keep them as opponents with the only difference being that instead of racing us, they appear cruising the streets of Bayview like I've mentioned above - identical to the properties of any normal traffic car until we either hit 'em/speed past 'em and they engage a pursuit.

We could immobilize them by either simply taking them down (ramming them at full speed or any other thing which can cause their car to stop) or outrunning them if we're fast enough.

Pursuit chase music is unnecessary and I absolutely HATED it in every other game. The normal racing music playing in the background continuously is fine by me.
April 8, 2017, 8:50 a.m.
I think it's this one: http://drivingpassion.net/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id;=other-projects_2%2Fneed-for-speed
But I think it's still pretty far from being able to do something like you say.
The only thing remotely similar to "chasing" artificial intelligence in the game are the Outrun races I think. Maybe it will be possible eventually to make all the Outrun random cars be the same (some mod car customized as a cop car), and to always be "behind" you (losing), and to automatically start chasing you instead of waiting for your confirmation?
April 9, 2017, 12:35 p.m.
Image in your mind that we could add polices in the game, but how about pursuit breakers and hide spots? We can't add them.
April 12, 2017, 4:08 a.m.
I don't really think adding pursuit breakers or hiding spots is really necessary. What I'm looking for something similar to the cop chases in Need for Speed Carbon Own the City PSP, where the cops simply chase you and you simply lose them.
Now, I don't mean add health bars and crap like that. Cop Speech ain't much of an issue either, but just some cop cars in the atmosphere could be cool. If like BadHairDay says and we figure out how to somehow tweak the game into having cops instead or with outrun racers, I don't see why not.
April 12, 2017, 5:12 a.m.
The idea is all cool and that. The problem is as you said "figuring it out". And that is what we cannot do as of yet. We just have no resources or people to do so.
April 12, 2017, 11:02 p.m.
Sad, but true Greger my friend. I guess we'll have to drop the idea of cops for now then - maybe sometime in the future..
Anyway, I was wondering is it still possible to make a complete re-texture of Underground 2 right? If you guys have checked out my older post regarding "Need for Speed Underground JDM Revolution"; a full Japanese remake of Need for Speed Underground 2 (except the language you play in of course). I want to completely re-texture Bayview into a more Oriental themed city like Akina (Initial D) or Tokyo.

I'm talking about EVERYTHING, down to the billboards, sky textures, the color of the buildings, the monumental structures themselves, the whole thing. If anyone can teach me how, it'll be a big help fellas :)

I just need to know what tools/program do I have to use and where can I get these textures from so that I can create them myself.
If there is something else anyone likes to know about the re-texture, feel free to ask away.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help :)
April 13, 2017, 4:17 a.m.
If I had ability to make a new game for myself with new mod tools, I will did it. (connecting U1, U2, MW, C and UC maps) - adding pursuit breakers + hiding spots in U1 and U2 maps. I'm serious.
April 13, 2017, 12:03 p.m.
i always imagined what it would be like ,it would be great,if it was possible i would try my best to support

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}