NFS Carbon 1.5 Unofficial Patch 2 Year Anniversary Thread

Oct. 10, 2017, 4:07 a.m.
9yhDRA2.png

Current version: 1.5.1 Alpha 1

Warning: users on Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8 32/64-bit, and Windows 10 32/64-bit may experience longer loading times. This can be solved by downgrading to Windows 7 64-bit.
This REQUIRES NFS:Carbon 1.3 or above. It will break any older version of the game.

Thank you for downloading the NFS Carbon Legendary Edition Patch 1.5.1 B2
What, you might ask, has been changed?
-Widescreen fixed
-New startup screen
-New lighting data for streetlights, tunnel lights, racers, cops, ambient, paint reflections (sprite data changed)
-Universal NOS data
-Many cars have been tweaked and improved realistically, for example I changed the GT3RS's performance data to match the actual car, I had several references I contaced for this, and special thanks to CodyP2K for doing most of it
-Removed reliance on certain files (GlobalB.LZC - changes now stored in attributes.bin)
-Comes in an installer, scanned with Malwarebytes, 100% virus free
-Fixed/improved NOS flare/cylinder backfire flares' physics
-Fixed some slightly floating wheels on some cars
-Increased number of particles by 10
-made headlights and cop flares brighter
-changed about 150 world lights' colors, actual number is much larger (like 15,000)
-Due to realistic performance data some cars have been moved to a different tier (Example: Mazda 3 to T2)
-Barriers have been removed!
-IS300 is now a fully usable car!
-Some laps are more than 2! Kenji's Boss Race is 4 laps!

***IMPORTANT***
-This mod includes an ENB made by me! If you do not wish to use this ENB, delete d3d9.dll!
-This mod includes a custom version of Extra Options! Do not modify or change it for best experience!
-Disable ExtOpts before facing a boss! Due to the 'choclate' (heavily modded) nature of this patch, ExtOpts causes some problems! You can temporarily disable it by renaming NFSCExtraOptions.asi to NFSCExtraOptions.bak!

Performance Requirements:
-Quad core processor at 2.0GHz or higher
-Minimum GTX 285 or better
-At least 2GB of RAM

PENDING UPDATES (March 6th, 2017)
-Patch version 1.5.1
-Add cops and traffic in Canyon Sprints and Boss RacesDONE
-Change car sounds - NOT DONE
-add real world performance data(Thanks, @CodyP2000)DONE
-Change all Hood camera nodes - NOT DONE
-Add Depth of Field,better lighting, and better particle effects2/3 DONE
-Add Bloom-DONE
-Change wheel smoke locations depending on wheels driveDONE
-Update this description when I add more features

HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Download from provided link
1.5 BACK UP YOU CURRENT SAVE FILE
2. Select your Carbon installation directory
3. Click "Install"
4. ?
5. Profit
6. Enjoy
7. Go to /scripts and open "NFSCExtraOptionsSettings.ini". Find the line called "ChallengeSeriesBlacklist" and set its value to 19. This will prevent crashes after boss races.

You MUST START A NEW GAME TO SEE ANY CHANGES

Warning: The current version of the Unofficial 1.5 patch is still in development and testing. Be sure to make a full backup of your game and save files. Some features might be broken, causing the game to crash relentlessly, corrupt your game, or invalidate your save files.  Development of the unofficial patch began in June of 2015.

Anyone willing to help check this documentation of our cars:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jb7NJ47RKw5_RMHEWgidzvBL-WZuDZeUwflHUkITSbc/edit

VIDEOS ARE HERE:

Here is the bug report form, please include the following information:

What were you doing when the game crashed/glitch occurred?
What car(s) do you have in the garage?
What car are you currently using?
What heat level does your current car(s) have?
What would have happened if the game did NOT crash?
Are you using any trainers?
Have you tried to install any mods since you applied the patch?
What version of NFSC are you using?
What edition of Windows are you using?
DID YOU START A NEW GAME?
Did you replace all of the files when you installed the patch?
Are you using any game controllers?
What computer are you using?
Are you running the game in compatibility mode?
Did you try reinstalling the 1.5A patch after the error occured?
Has the error occurred multiple times?
Please PM all bug reports to me. My email address will then be given if further communication is required.

If you have any mods installed, please uninstall them before installing the patch. If you don't, they will be ruined and possible ruin all of your game files.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROPERLY INSTALL MODS AFTER THE PATCH APPLIED! SOME TRAINERS WILL CRASH THE GAME OR NOT WORK AT ALL.

DOWNLOAD HERE

**IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!**
The Replacer version is no longer being supported! Please reinstall Carbon and the 1.5 patch to use the latest updates!

Credits:
nfsu360 for the mod tools
Eclipse72Rus (aka CorvetteZ06) for the carsRemoved in 2016
379Filipe for some of the changed data
@CodyP2000 for helping so much
ThirteenAG + nlgzrgn for widescreen fix and ExtOpts
Ti-Sonic for deleting the old thread for some reason
Oct. 10, 2017, 4:08 a.m.
Ti-Sonic/other moderators, don't you dare delete this if you have any semblance of respect for the modding community.
Oct. 10, 2017, 10:49 a.m.
you mean the modding community who actually made this mod as like 75% of it is literally just extraoptions + widescreen fix + car models somebody else made. ;v

also the modding community you didn't credit aka
ThirteenAG + ExtraOptionsTeam

also the straight up bs in your feature list:
-Removed reliance on certain files (GlobalB.LZC - changes now stored in attributes.bin)

yeah no. that's not a thing. (not that it's even possible because attributes.bin isn't treated as a normal chunk file anyway.)

:V
Oct. 10, 2017, 5:08 p.m.
Okay, I'll credit those people.
"you mean the modding community who actually made this mod as like 75% of it is literally just extraoptions + widescreen fix + car models somebody else made."
Hahaha not at all, 379filipe's base was used a when the mod was first started. The mod now is completely different than "just adding some files".

"also the modding community you didn't credit aka
ThirteenAG + ExtraOptionsTeam"
I'll credit them, than you for bringing this to my attention.
This post was a copy of Google's cache from September 2016, there was a lot I added that I couldn't remember all of.

"also the straight up bs in your feature list:
yeah no. that's not a thing. (not that it's even possible because attributes.bin isn't treated as a normal chunk file anyway.)"

Then why is globalb.lzc empty and my mod is uneditibale in VLT versions above 2.1? Because 379Filipe created hard links within GlobalB that just point to attributes.bin since both files are pretty much the same in vanilla, and having both is redundant. Ask him about it, I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. I could be wrong about how he went about it but that's how I understand what Speedyheart told me.
:V
Oct. 10, 2017, 7:27 p.m.
Ti-Sonic/other moderators, don't you dare delete this if you have any semblance of respect for the modding community.HorseRider

As if you had some respect towards people. And if we delete/close threads , it's not for fun. So next time calm down , or either me or The Staff will have no choice to fuck up " your works ". And this time you won't have time to say such things.

You think that you can come here and expect everyone to obey you as if we were your toys ? Get some milk , man. Ya ain't going to grown up with a mind like that.
Oct. 10, 2017, 7:42 p.m.
That's not what I meant.

I meant the next time you decide to ban me for giving someone what's coming to them, don't delete my stuff, please. The old thread had a ton of useful information and bug reports - I'm still digging through Google to find the rest of the thread.

I couldn't care less about the trolls - replying to them is entertaining and fun. I might be an ass but I have a purpose.

I don't expect everyone to bow to my whims or do as I say, but I have an expectation that others will respect the years of hard work and time and effort I put into improving Carbon's gameplay and mechanics than to just simply delete the official (and once stickied) support thread.

I apologize for the past behavior, it was more than likely uncalled for, however everything serves a purpose, whether or not it's clear to those in its wake.

Do what you want with my account, but this thread is for people who need support, have issues with, or need additional information about my personal vision of how Carbon should be.

If you want to continue this conversation please do it via PM. I want to keep this thread toxin free for people who legitimately need help with it.

Regarding the posting circumvention, that was done at client-side HTML-level with Chrome's built in editor. The website prevents banned users from posting by disabling the Submit button, creating a new account to analyze the HTML of an enabled button and replacing the disabled code with the enabled code allows one to post even when banned. You should look into fixing that.
Oct. 10, 2017, 7:51 p.m.
Here's what I could find that was deleted. Google does not have a webcache of pages 2 or 3.

Shimon101
Feb. 17, 2017, 5:30 p.m.
Does "NFS_Carbon_1.5_Patch_Non_Replacer.exe" not replace cars?

HorseRider
March 5, 2017, 10:56 p.m.
The replacer version has been depreciated but I am uploading a final revision later this month, and after that will be finally discontinued.

The Non-replacer will be the officially supported version until further notice.

never_is_here
March 7, 2017, 2:29 a.m.

Would it possible to add look back key to the game in a mini-patch?

CodyP2000
March 7, 2017, 9:43 p.m.
I noticed that was missing from Carbon too. I don't like having L as the key for Look Back. I prefer E.

narendra668
July 6, 2017, 3:26 p.m.
Game is stopped working after defeating wolf?
How do I fix that?

CodyP2000
July 7, 2017, 5:48 p.m.
That's something we need to fix. You may unlock Colin before defeating Wolf, which can screw up the game.
If this happens, disable ExtraOptions and/or all Unlock hacks. Then try again.
Note by HorseRider: Step 7 of the Installation Instructions fixes this problem.
Oct. 10, 2017, 7:56 p.m.
This mod has over 41 thousand downloads. Y'all are amazing!V5SPTYV.png
Oct. 10, 2017, 7:57 p.m.
As far as I know I'm not responsible for the deletion of the thread. I only deleted a post by GXP-10 , and I didn't know what his post was about.

I check this forum as much as I can , and it's not that easy. Last time I just disabled your account , since that the words that you used weren't appropriate. If you have a problem with someone , or a group of people , you just have to discuss that in Private / Personal messaging , it's more convenient , and it avoids people fleeing the site because of those disputes. We are supposed to be over all of that.

I don't expect everyone to bow to my whims or do as I say, but I have an expectation that others will respect the years of hard work and time and effort I put into improving Carbon's gameplay and mechanics than to just simply delete the official (and once stickied) support thread.

I mostly felt hatred when reading the last post that I've quoted. Seriously.

About the thread , most of the time I lock them , instead of deleting them directly , so they might be somewhere in the forum. In the case that they could have been deleted , I cannot help you more since I didn't do anything about the thread , it was running smoothly , without any issues.

Do what you want with my account, but this thread is for people who need support, have issues with, or need additional information about my personal vision of how Carbon should be.

We are moderating staff , not chiefs of a diktat , so it's fine.

If you want to continue this conversation please do it via PM. I want to keep this thread toxin free for people who legitimately need help with it.

You got my point.
Oct. 11, 2017, 11:12 a.m.
"Then why is globalb.lzc empty and my mod is uneditibale in VLT versions above 2.1? Because 379Filipe created hard links within GlobalB that just point to attributes.bin since both files are pretty much the same in vanilla, and having both is redundant. Ask him about it, I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing. I could be wrong about how he went about it but that's how I understand what Speedyheart told me."

but globalB.lzc isn't empty. you are getting confused with globalmemoryfile. global memoryfile is just all the vlt files together and compressed highly with jdlz. the ps2 version actually cannot run them unpacked as it runs out of memory so that's why there is the globalmemoryfile. (jdlz is extremely lightweight and uncompressed at runtime when required.)

the reason you can't open it in vlt versions above 2.1 is because the database is essentially corrupted. felipe changed things with hex manually and that works fine with vlt ed 2.1 because it reads from the file. whereas later versions actually read from the DB (which becomes soft corrupted when you manually change things) and then it actually rebuilds the entire file after you hit save.

you should really consider remaking all the vlt files from scratch. it won't take long especially because you already have the values, just set aside an hour or two to neaten up your mod and make it better overall :)
Oct. 12, 2017, 1:57 a.m.
I was willing to give this a try but unfortunately you were right, modding is pretty much not going to work because i cant open this with vlted.

Why i wanted to? I absolutely hate nfs carbons tunnel vision field of view and i personally cannot play this game with such low fov. (90-100 is what i typically want)

However it seems the field of view is a lot lower than 75 in this installation

I'v very stupid and didnt read closely above that vlt 2.1 works xd
Oct. 15, 2017, 5:06 a.m.
Unless I'm mistaken, the default FoV for the normal cameras should be 76-90.

I use 76 in most 16:9 games because it's the natural human field of view, and I use 135 for FPS games because of my 24:5 aspect ratio.

Ah. here's what I've got for FoV:
Bumper: 83-90
Close: 71-78
Drift: 85-95
Far: 71-90
Hood: 80-90

Not sure why EA used the word "LAG" to describe the camera's position behind the car (value of 0 is centered when Y+=forward, x+=right, and Z+=up)

Gonna change camera values a bit more in the next update. Don't expect one soon though.
Oct. 15, 2017, 5:09 a.m.
you are getting confused with globalmemoryfile.

Big fuckin derp on my part, thanks for clarification.

Why'd nfsu360 change the way VLT reads the files? Kinda seems silly to me.

I don't want to spend several hours ticking checkboxes. Some values won't import into the newer versions of VLT anyway, says the nfscfg is corrupt.

Honestly for using outdated tools we're managing just fine.
Oct. 15, 2017, 11:37 p.m.
Pretty much what HorseRider said.
Oct. 16, 2017, 3:56 p.m.
he changed the way the files are read so that they are actually loaded correctly and stuff can be added. the vaults and stuff and all the hierarchies now actually load correctly. also anything near anything felipe hacked up will "corrupt" the nfscfg. just manually copy it over. it's not a big deal.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}