Community - Race Day Events.

Aug. 21, 2007, 4:37 p.m.
Been thinking and once Pro Street is Released, each community site would have their own RaceDays in order for users to claim the titles of the 4 kings, plus street king..

Going to each site would be required as you can only challenge that Battle Org King on his site, which would affectively add more traffic between networking sites.

For example.

NFSAddons RaceDay challenges.

The Org of NFSAddons' Rogue Speed would like to invite you to several racedays to mark your place on the leaderboards.

Show your skill and prove you and your mechanic are the best Drag Team Online.

You will challenge different rogue team members in an all out race to claim your position. After many Race day events, the top 10 on the community leaderboard will then race again for a chance to become the Drag King.

The Events will consist of 3 preliminary heats, in which are only qualifying rounds. Crashes will count as a false start which results in a 0.

No tuning settings are allowed to be changed afterwards.
Once the official races commence, a crash will result in a DNF for that race day.

Org Weekends, when the community gets together for a combined set of race events, where the KingOrgs challenge each other in the 4 game modes.

This can show dominance for the Street Kings.
How the TeamSession Orgs can be incorperated must be discussed.

Org King
Battle within your Org to Become the OrgKing -

Top 5 showdown for street king. Community Leaderboards. if there was a way for us to dynamically feed to each of the sites, I know that we can make this simple.

EA Leaderboard

Community Leaderboard

Last 10 races posted with times beside the leaderboards?
via XML feed or something similar?

DragKing Event 2 x 5 events (added heats if more interest) - Top Player of Community

OrgWars
Have a Crew of 4 with one spare to challenge against Rogue Speed and others in Org Challenges and Weekends.

OrgWars, challenge your Org in a no hold barred matchup against Rogue Speed. an all out dominance for the Drag King Org. Defending your title at the next OrgWar Challenge. Teams of 4 or 5 recommended

More Orgs by fans, more events.

Anyone else have suggestions which may help to make these Race Events more fun and long lasting?
Aug. 21, 2007, 4:55 p.m.
The best at NFSCars would become the Grip King
The best at NFSAddons would become the Drag King
The best at NFSPlanet would become the Drift King
The best at RacerPlanet would become the Speed King

and then they challenge out in 3 events put on by
ND4SPDWorld, NFS.com, and NFSUnlimited to see who is the Community Street King
Aug. 22, 2007, 2:20 a.m.
To continue with the idea: the crown with the event kings and showdown kings could show the current players that hold those positions.

Another thing that would need to get defined: for the orgs with no specific event a way would have to be defined on how to select the best player of all events.

BTW, NFSPlanet has drift (noisebomb) and NFSUnlimited has overall (battlemachine).
Aug. 22, 2007, 2:47 a.m.
Interesting, yeah hopefully we get some good information and support with NFS Pro Street's online capabilities.
Aug. 22, 2007, 3:54 a.m.
NFS.com has REACT overall as well, and nd4spdworld has Super Promotion, also overall.

I think we should use in game terms, monthly (or weekly) tourneys for grip, drift, drag, speed and showdown kings. Showdown kings would be events hosted by NFS.com, nd4spdworld.com and nfsunlimited.net and consist of all race types. Then the other sites could hold Race Mode specific tourneys specified by their ORG.

Or making things more interesting: Each week a different race type for the race specific kings, and once a month showdown events. Sound good?
Aug. 22, 2007, 1:27 p.m.
so Monthly events for the Battle Machines, React, and SuperPromotion
and Weekly for the 4 modes which at the end of the month, the top 4 winners face off again. To see who is King of the Month?

and the Monthly King Defends in the TeamSessions Events, To see who is the Monthly StreetKing

If the user cannot make it, he defaults, and the Tier is open or to the 2nd place?

Keep the ideas coming guys, in two months, we should be able to make a decent online tourney system to keep Pro Street Active enough and enjoyable for an entire year.

as for Rules - Please consider what you would want for your own events, posting them here for discussion.

Thanks.
Aug. 22, 2007, 1:42 p.m.
I think if someone can't make it. His spot goes to the next person in that event line.

These are all great idea's so far.
Aug. 22, 2007, 1:51 p.m.
we'll work on a page for this when it comes closer to Release.
Aug. 22, 2007, 6:35 p.m.
I like that idea sinister.

Another thought is to force everyone into one specific car for the sake of balance. Regardless of how hard they try to make cars equal, some will still have an advantage against another. For example week 1 drag: who can make the most bad azz Camaro? Get my point?
Aug. 22, 2007, 7:49 p.m.
alternate race days then?. Performance Tuning is the aspect of this game, i want to race my car against someone elses' best attempt in tuning.
We know that it'll be tough for cars to beat 9 seconds on a halfmile track if you're running less than 700HP.

Members Registered to the forums to Compete. gets more users at each site.
use EA gamename when registering for the races?.

maybe have Specific HP challenges with your specific cars?
Aug. 23, 2007, 7:35 a.m.
It would still be your best attempt with each car. It just prevents seeing the same car.
Aug. 23, 2007, 7:50 a.m.
i see your point.

but you know people would want it both ways..

IF there's a skyline in there, kids are going to want to race those as much as possible, and I know that my custom made cuda would roast him. It does show tuning skills.

but having specific cars would show who's the best tuner of that car..
but you'd need to announce the car for the upcoming week so people have time to tune their machines,. a new car every week with upto 400 sliders, take alot of time to fine tune every aspect gaining that last little HP out of the car.

Anyone who's interested in making Rules up for their own sites RaceDay events, feel free.. or we can work on a master list which all users must follow.
Aug. 23, 2007, 7:53 a.m.
How about a specific class like american muscle or cars under x amount hp.
Aug. 23, 2007, 7:56 a.m.
that could work too. different cars, different setups, same class
then not everyone has to make a car they may not like.
Aug. 23, 2007, 7:59 a.m.
What about people who'll enter more than one group. Should that be allowed?

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}