Aug. 29, 2007, 6:22 p.m.
I'm here everyone!

I'll take a closer look of all of this later. Right now, I should be getting my "a" to the workplace. Nice little 5 km bicycle ride in the nippy fall weather, no rain today I hope…

:) Jussi

PS. Thanks Torque for inviting me!
Aug. 29, 2007, 7:26 p.m.
I just got a call to work tomorrow, gotta leave at 0330. and the piece of shit timmy's here doesnt open till 6. >.<
2hr drive then a 10 hr shift, then camp for Xamount of days.- If Im lucky i'll have internet, but its out in the middle of nowhere.

Hope to see some good ideas for the RaceDays.
While I'm gone, if anyone wants to start new threads for each racemode rules and start planning them, would be great. IE. Mike could post some rules about the Grip tier rules, . i know we have nothing yet on the ideas for drift, but im sure with all the other modes there's plenty to discuss.

I know its too early for this, however I am determined to get these racedays to work for online and community site enrollment & teamwork while getting all the user stats up.

Have a good one guys. and Jussi, welcome, hope you brought ideas.
Aug. 29, 2007, 8:36 p.m.
My first input is actually a wish…

I hope we could use EA's ranked rules for these events. This is important to me for couple of reasons. First and most important is that I want our racers to get global recognition for all the effort they put in to these races, and what better way there is than the official EA leaderboards and player profiles. I also feel that doing the races ranked will help us to verify race scores from game console players, unless they have a screenshot button (that works anywhere in the game) implemented in console versions.

I haven't seen or tried Pro Street myself, so it's a bit hard for me to understand how it works, but I'm sure I'll figure it out sometime…

My community ISRC will be holding racing events, just like we have for Carbon and these events will be open for rival crews as well. I will be ever so happy, if our races can somehow be linked in all this you guys (we) are planning here.

Aug. 30, 2007, 1:47 a.m.
well i guess i'll have internet at the hotel here, but I'll only be online for a couple hours a night now.

Jussi.
Using the EA leaderboards is what we want if we can take specific users' times and import them into the site leaderboards..

I just dont feel that its fair for people who are NOT registered to the sites, can compete in the site specific race events.
and most 360users have PCs as well, so they can register to the sites, and still race in the events.

Your site can have its own races, I dont see why we couldnt link them, however they wouldnt be recognized in the community sites King events.

for example, if you want to race in Grip you need to be registered here.
if you want to compete in Speed challenges, then you need to go to RacerPlanet. etc.

Active users can be involved in the events, meaning they need to post a specific amount of posts per week or month.

This will ensure siteactivity and more awareness to allof the NFScommunity Sites.

as for Rival Org Challenges, it is open to discussion, and hopefully more people will make teams, then the Defending Orgs can be challenged against any crew for the Team Kings. - So your team, Jussi, could challenge RogueSpeed for the Team Drag King Crown. They still would require site registration.
Aug. 30, 2007, 2:13 a.m.
Site registration for sure…

Our competitions require that too. But what is all this talk about Kings? I thought Pro Street is about race weekends with all types of races. I wanna hold that sort of events and I want to take my crew to race weekends organized by other crews.

:| Jussi
Aug. 30, 2007, 2:48 a.m.
Sorry for double posting,

but I want to take this opportunity to invite all you community leaders to take a look at our community's Palmont City Racing League and maybe even enter our races.

We currently have few ranked sprints left and also we just started speedtrap races which are done with ranked conditions and 7 AI racers. The winning condition for those is margin of victory, borrowed from NFSU2. That totally eliminates any NOS rebuilding, 'cos the best scores are recieved by flat out racing.

Aug. 30, 2007, 10:53 a.m.
Well im around now too. Had some personal stuff to deal with first before i could put enough focus on this here.

Sounds like a great plan. One small problem i have is my sites activity.. its not as much as EA might think :P Plus im running it all alone. I seriously need help with my site from some people. Im currently slowly working on a redesign which i hope to get done soon.

This was my idea of super promotion theme for my new website:

Ow and this banner instead of the one you see in the pic: http://texhnolith.nd4spdworld.com/designs/nd4spdworldspbanner.swf
WIP
n4w_sp.jpg
Aug. 30, 2007, 12:15 p.m.
well I wouldn't say all alone rob, you are having some recode the site for you :)
Aug. 30, 2007, 1:12 p.m.
thats true, but i need extra hands after its running.Thats what i ment.
Active mods, people trying to create traffic. well these racedays will probably attract people.

but i need some active staff that mods the forum, seeks and posts news on own account etc.
Aug. 30, 2007, 6:12 p.m.
Nice Rob. You just need to find a Super Promotion car now instead of the REACT RX-7. I don't know if I can help you out all all with moderation, but I'd be glad to lend a hand posting new items.

As for traffic, I think I'm going to stick a thread with global links to all community sites so everyone gets hits.
Aug. 30, 2007, 6:15 p.m.
Site registration for sure…

Our competitions require that too. But what is all this talk about Kings? I thought Pro Street is about race weekends with all types of races. I wanna hold that sort of events and I want to take my crew to race weekends organized by other crews.

:| JussiMaa-Jussi;377106

- There are 3 sites that will have multi-disciplinary race weekends.
- The other 4 sites are specific King Sites and King Events..

read my 2nd post.

they are the top player in that mode of the site members.

nfscars has Grip King. so the top player through nfscars events would be crowned king for a week, defending the title against the next week's top player. in which the current king cannot be in that week's events, until the challenge.

the Crew race weekends, i've already mentioned as well, but they are the ORG Kings, keeping with the Orgs reference they use in the game. - your crew is welcome to challenge each site's Org and so forth, in either specific modes or a complete event weekend. -
so you have the Tournament stats multiple ORGs or Just For bragging rights site vs site vs playerORGs
Aug. 30, 2007, 6:30 p.m.
We should also do banner swaps!

My board may not have thousands of members, but there's a lot of visiters (guests) there.

Aug. 31, 2007, 3:45 a.m.
nfscars has Grip King. so the top player through nfscars events would be crowned king for a week, defending the title against the next week's top player. in which the current king cannot be in that week's events, until the challenge.Sinister;377208
If one of my guys would beat nfscars' Grip King,

could I then take the title and challenge to my community board?

I think I should be allowed to, since that's what would happen in real life, isn't it?

:x Jussi
Aug. 31, 2007, 7:39 a.m.
Another side questions. When are you guys planning on going public with your battle orgs. If I remember correctly, Marcus said something about how we should make up a story behind our org.
Aug. 31, 2007, 5:19 p.m.
i figured if we went public with them and the raceday invites by mid october, then work from there, gives people a chance to register to the sites and for the events.

Stories behind, everyone had their own opinions.. i'd like to make one up, but im not sure where to start with it.

if you want to make one, post it then i'd appreciate it as i'd have a basis to work with.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}