Aug. 31, 2007, 9:28 p.m.
Could someone please priefly tell me the plot of Pro Street?

There are racing organisations that hold weekend racing events, right? What else is there?

:) Jussi
Sept. 1, 2007, 2:49 a.m.
you are the best illegal racer around, .. you join the sanctioned races to be the best at pro racing instead.. you work your way from there to be streetking.

as for taking the title, you can post on your own site the week you won, but the challenge stays with the 4 sites, which in turn bring in more traffic from other sites to race in the challenges.

hmm..edit.gif
We could create a Crew Roster Directory as well, once registered, work towards creating a season out of it instead of just racedays.
challenge and have a schedule as well. - all season races, to be considered valid, would need to be posted in the forums.

have to race every team so many times, and upto a certain amount of races per season.
Sept. 2, 2007, 7:27 p.m.
After watching the newest Prostreet Video, i think it is going to be easier to make up the storyline now.

btw Eric, what is up with the EA forums, there's one mess of an error when i try to login.
after the redirect page and logged in on the topbar, it still requires me to login many times before I am able to post.
and tonight i get.
Unable to Initialize the Application
Please check the application logs for more information.
Sept. 4, 2007, 12:49 a.m.
What will be ISRC's role in all this?

PS. EA forums were down for me all day Yesterday too!
Sept. 4, 2007, 2:54 a.m.
ISRC would just be another rival org. however, they wouldnt have any official events.
Sept. 4, 2007, 3:02 a.m.
Why am I left out?

Background of ISRC

International Street Racing Community is a racing organization formed by four illegal street racing crews, Euro Tuning CC, Rosewood Rebels, Code 6 Tuner Crew and Daylight Devils RC. These former street racing crews have now crown up and joined the legal racing scene. They each hold racing events and the best racers from those events get to take part in the bigger racing event held by the mother organization ISRC.

How's that?

By the way, I'd like to know where the tracks of Pro Street are located, I will need that info for building my organization background story.

PS. You guys were signed to organizations from the game, right?
Sept. 4, 2007, 3:03 a.m.
ISRC would just be another rival org. however, they wouldnt have any official events.Sinister;377679
Why can't I hold official events?

:( Jussi
Sept. 4, 2007, 7:46 a.m.
I thought about this,

There are four sites that hold prelimenary races and winners of those compete for Street King Title. Could my community also hold prelimanaries, in other words, could winners from my community's racing events be allowed in Street King races, even though ISRC is not an organization from the game?

Sept. 4, 2007, 9:14 a.m.
If EA does in fact provide us with leaderboard xml feeds, then anyone who wants can start his own racing organization and track scores for it.

The only question here is how much we will cooperate together here. As I mentioned before, you need to have some sort of software to connect your user's profiles with online profiles and then pull the data out of EA to generate your own leaderboards. How many of you are actually planning on developing such software?

I don't see a problem in linking to other leaderboards from my battlemachine leaderboards page. Why not make real time comparisons then? There's been so little activity in this that I actually welcome anyone who works for the NFS community.
Sept. 4, 2007, 9:32 a.m.
@sinister

the ea forums are undergoing lots of problems. When you login, refresh after the redirect. This avoids the multi-login problem. I proposed many changes to Marcus at CD1, such as custom avatars, sigs, better login system. He told me this stuff is coming, slowly but it is coming. The errors are likely due to these changes.

@jussi

You can hold official events. Your an official source. The reason I brought you here is because the ISRC that was created long before the thought of the community representing ORGs and will have a substantial impact on ISRC. If we had known in advance, things would be different.

There' a few ways I thought of how to do this. Crews and ORGs are different. ORGs hold events, crews compete in those events. So, is ISRC the official crew competing in the REACT NFS.com events? Or is it an ORG on its own holding separate events. These are the things that should be considered first.

@everyone

Speaking of ORGs, I was pondering the thought of swapping NFS.com's REACT with Bojan's Battle Machine. Here's why: NFS.com is the first place people will go when seeking out information and no matter how official the source, it's not usually viewed as accurate until its seen there. As such, NFS.com is viewed as a beginners site. Or as the 1337 would say: n008 5173. They will usually learn of other more advanced societies after visiting NFS.com. So it makes more sense for NFS.com to be the proving grounds for these tournaments. And the best way to go about this would be to have it represent the starter ORG in ProStreet. Once they venture to NFS.com, they learn of these global tournies, and seek out the other elite ORGs trying to claim their crowns. Sound good?
Sept. 4, 2007, 7:15 p.m.
Thanks Eric.. i figured it was something on their end.

- as for orgs. as long as bojan has no problem with you switching, i wouldnt see why not.. as well then you are the first tier. Hopefully the NFS.com site can be updated to have the setup. do you have any creative control over the mainsite?

btw. has ANYONE gotten a psd for the crown yet, or are we still waiting for another EACommunity Manager? because i'd really like to get the flashes up onto the sites as well.

There' a few ways I thought of how to do this. Crews and ORGs are different. ORGs hold events, crews compete in those events. So, is ISRC the official crew competing in the REACT NFS.com events? Or is it an ORG on its own holding separate events. These are the things that should be considered first.Eric

Jussi-
If racing as the official crew for React, then yes you'd be official, but like Eric said, if you're holding seperate events, but they wouldnt be official for the community. They can be supplimental, but not official. This goes with any other ORG that would like to host their own events. More traffic to the community sites as well.

Bojan - if we get XML feeds, then the rest should fall into place simply.. it shouldnt be hard to extract specific names, and the users who are registered would also have entered their EAprofile tag for sake of records., a simple query shouldnt be too difficult for those who have the expertise in it. would it be hard mike?

Btw. has anyone else started their site designs or just been too busy.. - and have all the CMs attended these meetings, i'd hate for someone to be missing out on adding their input.
Sept. 4, 2007, 7:20 p.m.
not yet I have not started yet. I will start once I finish what I am doing with nfscars.

Also if EA provides xml feeds and this is a big if. Then its fairly easy to parse them and extract the information.
Sept. 4, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
Jussi-
If racing as the official crew for React, then yes you'd be official, but like Eric said, if you're holding seperate events, but they wouldnt be official for the community. They can be supplimental, but not official. This goes with any other ORG that would like to host their own events. More traffic to the community sites as well.Sinister;377781
I'm sorry for my lack of English skills…

I know the word supplement, but I don't understand what it means here?

:| Jussi
Sept. 4, 2007, 7:55 p.m.
not official, but a secondary group.. another tier. not related directly to the official community ones, could be promoted under Rival ORG Events.
Sept. 4, 2007, 8:26 p.m.
not official, but a secondary group.. another tier. not related directly to the official community ones, could be promoted under Rival ORG Events.Sinister;377789
OK,

so, if this official thing was F1, mine would be GP2, I get it now. All I care is that I get some super promotion for my racing events. I would not have wanted to change my site into any organization from the game anyhow. I love my International Street Racing Community and it will go on long after Pro Street and it's organizations have been forgotten.

;) Jussi

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}