Sept. 4, 2007, 10:29 p.m.
To clarify as it seems I've been misunderstood. Jussi's event if he were an ORG would be official as he is an official source, just apart from what we are doing with the PS ORG bodies.

My idea for ISRC was run idependantly like it used to before it's events went public and allowed the competition of other crews within its events. Then Jussi could assist me when holding the various ORG related events @ NFS.com (I have already requested a TOURNAMENTS board for this regarless). With Jussi assistance, the NFS.com events could essentially take the place of and be the ISRC open competitions and the ISRC could continue running closed events or as a crew competing everywhere.

This is one of the big reasons I wanted Jussi in here. Because the community that was built and established by a long standing official community rep long before ProStreet and before we even knew we would represent the ORGs can be permanantly damaged if we don't do this right. Like I said, it would've greatly helped to know before we received this info at CD 2 but now we kind of have to wing it.
Sept. 4, 2007, 11:12 p.m.
Thanks for your support Torgue!

I was beginning to feel like an outsider, even though I have indeed been a moderator for EA's Need for Speed Forums for quite some time now.

ISRC will be holding weekly racing events as we have now since Carbon came out. Those competitions are still on, so if any of you want to enter, visit our board. Our new race type is speedtrap races with Margin of Victory as winning condition. Yep, I borrowed that from Underground 2, since I got sick of that NOS rebuilding thing people do with speedtraps.

:) Jussi

Edit: I'm glad to do this ORG stuff with you at the needforspeed.com Torgue! I really felt shut out, but not anymore. I should've read the first page more carefully, but I couldn't with my 1024x768 resolution.
Sept. 4, 2007, 11:36 p.m.
@everyone

Speaking of ORGs, I was pondering the thought of swapping NFS.com's REACT with Bojan's Battle Machine. Here's why: NFS.com is the first place people will go when seeking out information and no matter how official the source, it's not usually viewed as accurate until its seen there. As such, NFS.com is viewed as a beginners site. Or as the 1337 would say: n008 5173. They will usually learn of other more advanced societies after visiting NFS.com. So it makes more sense for NFS.com to be the proving grounds for these tournaments. And the best way to go about this would be to have it represent the starter ORG in ProStreet. Once they venture to NFS.com, they learn of these global tournies, and seek out the other elite ORGs trying to claim their crowns. Sound good?III
I agree with this,

needforspeed.com should really have the entry level events for sure.

Sept. 5, 2007, midnight
Switch sounds ok to me too ;)
It's less than two months untill game release. I think if we were going to build up a story behind the race orgs, we should start soon (I'm planning to have my community involved).
Sept. 5, 2007, 8:52 a.m.
@bojan
So its settled, NFS.com will be the entry level Battle Machine and NFSunlimited is REACT Team Sessions.

I think the most important concern about a story is timeline. Is this occuring before or after the events ProStreet.
Sept. 5, 2007, 3:10 p.m.
Sounds good to me.

Are we going to have a base story that everyone will build from and if so who here is the best writer :)
Sept. 5, 2007, 5:16 p.m.
To clarify as it seems I've been misunderstood. Jussi's event if he were an ORG would be official as he is an official source, just apart from what we are doing with the PS ORG bodies.III
So then its Not official, its secondary.. no real difference, just wouldnt have anything to do with the official events

My idea for ISRC was run idependantly like it used to before it's events went public and allowed the competition of other crews within its events. Then Jussi could assist me when holding the various ORG related events @ NFS.com (I have already requested a TOURNAMENTS board for this regarless). With Jussi assistance, the NFS.com events could essentially take the place of and be the ISRC open competitions and the ISRC could continue running closed events or as a crew competing everywhere.
This is one of the big reasons I wanted Jussi in here. Because the community that was built and established by a long standing official community rep long before ProStreet and before we even knew we would represent the ORGs can be permanantly damaged if we don't do this right. Like I said, it would've greatly helped to know before we received this info at CD 2 but now we kind of have to wing it.
So ISRC will be the Battlemachines ORG crew as well? will they use the Battlemachines name in the game or their own.. if their own, it doesnt work.

as for ISRC, since Jussi is here, this is the first time i've ever heard of it. And Im sure its the same way for alot more people..esp since you only have 117 members

Switch sounds ok to me too ;)
It's less than two months untill game release. I think if we were going to build up a story behind the race orgs, we should start soon (I'm planning to have my community involved).bobyx;377808
We shall. Anything you'd like to have associated with your ORG? Use the New Org video for some basic stuff.

@bojan
So its settled, NFS.com will be the entry level Battle Machine and NFSunlimited is REACT Team Sessions.

I think the most important concern about a story is timeline. Is this occuring before or after the events ProStreet.III
Before, During and after, since the events will be happening sometime after the release of PS. - (I plan to have the first Drag event on Nov17) then you need to have a storyline that shows how the ORGs came about.

Ex. Battlemachines are just illegal racers who went pro because they either killed people street racing, or got busted too many times by the cops and lost their license. This gives the kids who play the game a detail why PRO is better than streetracing down city streets crashing into people and running from cops.

Sounds good to me.

Are we going to have a base story that everyone will build from and if so who here is the best writer :)Mike

Give me a plot, and I could attempt to work something out.

adjust to your means.

Drag - Rogue Speed are basically gearheads, and have the skills and talent to be known as the best DragRacers around the world.

Grip - G-effect are old gocart racers or other circuit type events, the racers wanted to go to bigger and faster machines.

Drift - Noisebomb has been around the scene for awhile, having events held everywhere across the world. etc.. how they got into it?

SpeedChallenge - Nitrocide TestDrivers are of a different group, they have NOS in their blood and spit grease. they wanted to get into racing- pushing their tuned engines to the fastest possible speeds and to their limits..

Battlemachines - yeah ricers who want to go pro.

React - European Events and so the story would be ?

Super Pro - the big kahuna of racing events - they sponsor events where many racers come to challenge the best in the world

Also - since there are many orgs, will people be allowed to be in more than one ORG. i feel this shouldnt be allowed as if two teams are in the same tier, and one or two people are on the teams, then it kinda defeats the purpose of the different Orgs in the event.

so again that would affect the ISRC so if you want your own ORG, NFS.com would still need an official Battlemachines org.

Jussi -
What you do outside of the Official events are your own, but your events would not affect the Official 7.

NFS.com will hopefully have the site updated for the release to have all the events on the main page linked to all the other sites. there will be more traffic going to some events more than others, im certain that Drift and Drag will gain alot of popularity from PS. but as long as they can pick and choose where they want to go to from NFS.com, then they can get to where they want instead of trying to hunt through those forums.

For future reference- Depending on work, i may end up being fcked to the point where i'll be offline, no access to the internet etc.. and that may be upto 3 more weeks, so this might bite me in the ass when it comes to the community events.. , which I still need to get MikeH posting in here.
Sept. 5, 2007, 6:58 p.m.
as for ISRC, since Jussi is here, this is the first time i've ever heard of it. And Im sure its the same way for alot more people..esp since you only have 117 membersSinister;377882
I guess you don't visit needforspeed.com too often then. ISRC was formerly known as Euro Tuning Club Community. ETCC had way over 200 members. ISRC was opened to public same time as the official Pro Street site, May 31st this year. Besides, it's not the member amoun that counts, it's the activity. We have several visitors every day and we have been holding Carbon races since the demo. I don't think you have any business putting us down like that. How many members, threads and messages did your first site have after less than a year of existence?

Also - since there are many orgs, will people be allowed to be in more than one ORG. i feel this shouldnt be allowed as if two teams are in the same tier, and one or two people are on the teams, then it kinda defeats the purpose of the different Orgs in the event.

so again that would affect the ISRC so if you want your own ORG, NFS.com would still need an official Battlemachines org.Sinister;377882
Could I get this straightened, these racing organizations battle each other like crews in Carbon or are they just organizations that organize the racing events?

I agree with people only allowed one membership per gamertag to avoid any confusion, but people should also be allowed to switch organizations, if the competition in their own is too weak or too tough.

ISRC will continue holding races as we have before. I guess we need to see what EA Forums are gonna be like after all the construction work, before we decide where those Battle Machine races will take place. I'm sure I and Torque can work something out for them.

Sept. 5, 2007, 7:42 p.m.
They are the ORG crew that hold official events.

each site has its own crew, and competes in the ORG events they host.
and that is beside the individual player RaceDay events, which is a free for all hosted by the ORG Sites.

What i was saying about being on two different orgs, at the same time, isnt allowed, where they are racing in the same tournament on two different teams.

as for the nfs.com site, if it worked properly then maybe i'd see your events on it,
its been this way ever since they updated to the PS site.

eani3.th.jpg
Sept. 5, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
But do these organisations compete against each other in the game or do they only organize events for individual racers and does React Team Sessions organize races for teams?

Anyway, I started this:

Battle Machine storyline

After settling the old score at Palmont City, our hero decided to go pro. He knew he could only do that, if he could get the Feds off his back. So he contacted them and struck a deal, Presidencial Pardon in exchange to a promise to significantly cut down, and if not completely extinguish illegal racing in the United States…

He called up his old rivals (Eddie, Caleb, Razor and Darius) and offered them a different deal. They'd avoid any jail time, if they'd turn themselves in and joined his legal street racing organization. You might ask how our hero could convince these hard core street racers to turning pro? Well, that was easy. He knew the basic reasons why these guys did this were fame and money. Local fame and those few benjamins they got from local races were peanuts compared to what this legal racing business with it's sponsor deals and TV coverage could offer, plus the once in the lifetime chance to avoid jail. Everyone took the bait. The newly formed organization was named Battle Machine. The name was inspired by the idea of battling against illegal street racing.

PS. I hope some help from some native English speaker in correcting any typos or grammar mistakes.
Sept. 5, 2007, 8:25 p.m.
I would expect that the game has each org rivaling each other while you are an individual in the game. the react team sessions hosts events, as well as having a team racing in the events.

i wasnt expecting something far fetched. Presidencial Pardon. thats a little overboard isnt it?

also its not stroke its struck.
"and if not completely extinguish illegal racing."
Sept. 5, 2007, 8:45 p.m.
Far fetched,

I thought Pro Street was not supposed to be a simulation of life…

We'll we can leave that legal stuff out or edit it, you got the main idea. Battle Machine battling against illegal street racing nation wide.

How did you like it?

PS. Thanks for the English lesson!
Sept. 5, 2007, 9:44 p.m.
Updated version:

Battle Machine storyline

After settling the old score at Palmont City, our hero decided to go pro. He knew he could only do that, if he could get the Feds off his back. So he contacted them and struck a deal, no jail time in exchange to a promise to significantly cut down, and if not completely extinguish illegal racing in the United States…

He called up his old rivals (Eddie, Caleb, Razor and Darius) and offered them the same deal. They'd avoid any jail time, if they'd turn themselves in and joined his legal street racing organization. Any court appointed community service could be served working for the organization. You might ask how our hero could convince these hard core street racers to turning pro? Well, that was easy. He knew the basic reasons why these guys did this were fame and money. Local fame and those few benjamins they got from local races were peanuts compared to what this legal racing business with it's sponsor deals and TV coverage could offer, plus the once in the lifetime chance to avoid jail. Everyone took the bait. The newly formed organization was named Battle Machine. The name was inspired by the idea of battling against illegal street racing.

Sept. 5, 2007, 9:51 p.m.
Presidential Pardon is a bit extreme. These guys in Battle Machine are fresh off the illicit scene. So, why not leave them as is? Maybe they've done hard time and payd their dues (adat the same time made one heck of a mark on pro street racing), or maybe they're still elluding. Either way, they've been invited to an event hosted by Battle Machine (hereafter reffered to as BM) to prove themselves against the very best world wide.

@events
ORGs host events, crews compete at those events. So everyone should be able to enter any event they can register at and attend.
Sept. 5, 2007, 9:55 p.m.
Sorry for the double post.

What should we do if a website drops out before the next NFS? I say after that, we just wing it and run our ORGS individual after that.

h yeah, and we should set up a time for all of us to get into that IRC chat room and talk real time.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}