May 15, 2017, 5:48 p.m.
Yeah now you saw it and I don't get it even for a short period of time
May 17, 2017, 1:50 p.m.
So guys do you have the fix?
May 17, 2017, 2:03 p.m.
I have no idea what may be causing that problem for you. Have you tried this mod btw? http://www.nfscars.net/need-for-speed-most-wanted/7/files/view/14647/
I don't know what it does but it's supposed to do something to the sun so it might help.
Also are you using your game in a screen resolution that fits the actual size of your screen? Or a different one? Idk about Most Wanted but in other games I think I didn't get some effects working because of the screen size I was using.
May 18, 2017, 2:48 a.m.
I am using the 1280x1024 resolution ingame and my screen resolution is 1920x1080
May 18, 2017, 2:57 a.m.
Tried the mod the sun only gets bigger and flickers and disappaers again nothing more it's like one or two seconds still the same
May 18, 2017, 8:53 a.m.
Is there a way you can get your game to run at 1920x1080? With that wide screen patch thing or something?
https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/tag/nfsmw
Idk but it might be related to your problem. In other games like Carbon some effects didn't appear properly for me when I used certain screen sizes that weren't my actual screen resolution.
May 19, 2017, 4:17 a.m.
I tried using 1080p I think but IT STILL DIDN'T WORK I am really starting to hate this game
May 19, 2017, 5:45 a.m.
So I've read.
As many times been said, the sun appears only for a short period of time and not very often, otherwise it would be boring.
My mod replaces original texture with modded, which makes it brighter ( not bigger ) and adds flare effect. Additionally to this, it will sometimes blind You, which in My opinion more realistic.
You said that sun appears ( because noticed it change ). So Your problem is not a problem of the game.
May 19, 2017, 9:30 a.m.
@NFSSuperFan5: Does it really look *that* bad in your computer? (I couldn't see the screenshot you posted).
The sun flare effect only appears for a very short time when it's supposed to, at least on my game. Either that or the game looks slightly different on everyone's computer depending on their particular specs.
May 19, 2017, 12:30 p.m.
Guys the screenshots should work they are the first page I only saw the sun cause I pressed F12 or Prt Scr and that's how I was able to see it otherwise I will just get an orange sky or yellow nothing more no sun giving it's godrays or it's lightning like to shine or something like that and you say the sunflare effects appear for a short period of time mine don't even appear for that period and I don't maybe it's because specs and my specs are nVIDIA GT 610 2GB 4GB RAM DDR3 Intel Core 2 CPU 1.86 GHz 1.87GHz and my OS was Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit now I changed it to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit someone said that that would fix my problem but still nothing and the sun appears only at dusk or dawn but mine doesn't appear at both dusk and dawn
May 19, 2017, 1:41 p.m.
Well, maybe problem in compatibility with Your system ( hardware, software, bad luck, etc ). Most Wanted is pretty old game.
Have You tried installing other game version / repack?
May 19, 2017, 6:27 p.m.
I don't bro I tried compatibility and nothing but I was just playing the nosteam version which is the black edition the 1.3 version and no other versions cause i can't find any other version on the internet
May 20, 2017, 3:14 a.m.
Try this one.

On My system it works perfectly ( yep, it's old ):
Windows XP SP3
Pentium D 945 3400 MHz
ASRock 775Twins-HDTV
2048 MB DDR2-800
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 384 MB
Attachments
May 20, 2017, 3:42 p.m.
I gues that pretty much everything is same in the game this is just the RG Mechanics RePack nothing more it's still the same the edition is same the version is same so and you have the sun shining I uploaded a video on the first page if you can see it you will understand which problem I have in the video there is sun shining and there is a screenshot on the first page about how the game looks on my pc and you will see that I don't have any sun
May 22, 2017, 2:31 p.m.
So yeah!

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}