Help With CFG-Installer

Jan. 28, 2010, 9:28 p.m.
Hey, Ive just started to download cars for my nfsu2 pc game, and when i need to install something with cfg installer i select the nfsu2 directory and it says "Failed to open file: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Need For Speed Underground 2\GLOBAL\Globalb.lzc" ???? what is the problem and what can i do to fix it???

Thanks in advance, Jackrox2009
Jan. 28, 2010, 11:39 p.m.
You need to select the path to your NFSU2 install directory, not the GlobalB file.

For example: C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Need for Speed Underground 2
Jan. 28, 2010, 11:57 p.m.
Yeah i know that but it still doesn't work??? could it be because im running windows 7?? i have followed instructions and watched vids but i do exacly as the show/tell me and it still comes up!!! any help would be great. if you want i could let you remote access my pc and look yourself!!
thanks Jackrox2009
Jan. 29, 2010, 1:25 a.m.
I have Windows 7 aswell, that's not the problem. To be sure, here's what to do:

1) Open CFGInstaller.
2) Select your NFSU2 MAIN directory.
3) Select the .u2cfg file.

That should do it. If not, try copying back the original GlobalB.lzc. If that doesn't work… ask nfsu360 how to solve this.
Jan. 29, 2010, 10:13 a.m.
Sadly i doesnt work i can't get it past step 2, B'( is there a chance that you could remotely access my pc and see 4 urself???? thanks anyways Jackrox2009
Jan. 29, 2010, 11:06 a.m.
I'm not going to access your pc remotely because of ethical reasons, I hope you understand. Contact nfsu360 to see if he can fix the problem.
Feb. 13, 2010, 2:37 a.m.
hi i ve the same probleme and i'am runing windows 7 can u help me?
Feb. 17, 2010, 8:09 p.m.
I'm too. I can't open .u2cfg files and it says failed to openfile that likes Mr.JAckrox2009. But I running windows xp s3.
Help us, please. Nfs CfgEd happen a same probelm that failed to open file.
Feb. 22, 2010, 1:05 a.m.
cfginstaller wont open .u2cfg files. it can only open .u2car files. but I need .u2cfg for the new wheel position. can anyone please help?
March 28, 2010, 1:26 p.m.
I encountered the same problem here! The program would only accept u2cfg(that's right , U2CFG ) files so I can't choose any u2car file….and thus cannot install the configuration file so how am I supposed to make it work?
March 29, 2010, 2:51 a.m.
Hey, maybe I'm a noob….hehe, but where do I download the nfs cfg installer?
April 26, 2010, 5:04 a.m.
help.. QUAL è la soluzione x favore raga!! cual es la soluzion x favor!!! CFG INSTALLER..!!!!!!
May 3, 2010, 7:46 a.m.
Try "run as administrator".

Fixed the problem I had there.

Now, if only it could process multiple files…
May 7, 2010, 5:44 a.m.
Try "run as administrator".

Fixed the problem I had there.

Now, if only it could process multiple files…AgentRoo;521270

Youre awesome I did it and now I can install cars on my nfsu2 :D
May 7, 2010, 6:12 a.m.
do this .

1. open CFG-Installer.
2. Select NFS Underground-2 Main directoy
3. Click on OK Button.
4. now select .u2car file.
5. Enjoy the MOD.