NFSC beta

Nov. 12, 2017, 6:40 a.m.
Well,found some cool/interesting textures/stuff in the PS2 Demo of NFS Carbon,when i used TexMod to extract some texand some stuff that may or may not be a part of proving that the Need for Speed Carbon we have may have been NFS Underground 3 in early development stages.First Off we have the beta logo,which may or may not seem interesting:

betalogo.png
Then,the vinyls of the three preset cars you get to drive.
GALARDO.png
The Galardo
camaro.png
The Camaro SS
LANCER.png
And the Lancer (do note these may be broken vinyls,if they are i'll try to fix them.
Here are the AI Opponent Vinyls.
kenji.pngkenji2.png
Here is the map (or maybe the part of the map) i could extract.
map.png
Now this is wierd and may or may not be a support to the saying "NFS Carbon was supposed to be NFS Underground 3"
beta.png
BETAAGAIN.png
I somewhat also say NFSC was Supposed to be NFSU3.Not sure if racheal would have been in NFSu3 tho.

Will post more beta/wierd stuff when i find more of them.
Attachments
Nov. 12, 2017, 3:31 p.m.
You really need to take the time to manually read the .bin files directly.
The original texture dimension and img idx/palette offset/sizes (along with the original texture names) are stored in the header table.
I assume PCX2 auto pastes the texture onto a "default" image buffer, hence why you got the layering effect. (as in I could tell the order you ripped the textures)
Nov. 12, 2017, 10:21 p.m.
yeah all of these are already known/ infact all of these exist in the final pc game.
carbon was NEVER underground3. it was called REPOMAN.
i suggest you read the entire beta thread over at nfst: http://needforspeedtheories.boards.net/thread/60/nfs-carbon-beta

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}