File approval procedure

Dec. 5, 2010, 3:18 a.m.
NFS modding is not like it was before. Little creativity is left now. Back in 2009, when I found this site it was great. Conversions were great, and converters didn't have conflicts between themselves. Bookmaker, F.R., McLaren_3Dcm, Robin'7t4, Ark-X Stylizer, MkIIITT and others were converting great cars. Home page didn't get filled with new cars every day, but those cars were great. They were unique.

Then Gamer boy registered and started to convert cars. He was uploading at least 1 car per day. Cars had lots of bugs but he didn't care about that - he just wanted to finish and upload them ASAP and get attention by filling the home page. He was carelessly reconverting cars which were previously converted by other people, with excuses like "This is from Forza 3, yo!". Big deal. Like my friend FOX says, quantity does not mean quality. Gamer boy converts 10 cars with 10 bugs each in 10 days and thinks he's a god while for example McLaren_3Dcm converts 1 flawless car in 10 days with accurate performance made by FOX. McLaren's car goes unnoticed because Gamer boy already refills the home page within few hours. Good conversions and scratch-made cars are not as appreciated as they should be and good converters and modelers don't get the respect they deserve. Later DREAM_CAR registered and started to do the same things Gamer boy did before. If people really have to reconvert cars, they should at least do it with some disciplined behavior, not with trolling like: "Hello, me is a good guy. Me sry for reconverting ur car. Don't take it seriosly. My car has vinyls and bodykits, it's better than yours. Me is retarded, and blah blah…"

Converting is entertainment, NOT a way to earn attention and respect.

I know that you (mods who approve files) can't disapprove a file because you think it is bad or if it is reconverted for 57th time. My point is that not every conversion which is legal should be approved. There should be a procedure of approving files. Some other non-nfs modding websites have their moderators who check legality of the newly uploaded file, test it and leave a mark or a comment. It's not important if approving files would take longer. The results would be better. I think reconverted cars should not be approved unless they're better than previous versions. And also, people who convert models which are scratch made by someone else should provide a proof that they have the permission. I understand that NFSCars is an open community where anybody can register, from idiots to science masters, but idiots should be kept under control. NFSCars is probably the best NFS modding community, lets keep it the best.

That's all from me for now.
Dec. 5, 2010, 10:28 a.m.
Agreed!! i have been here since 2008 & yes I love those times when there was like one conversion a month.
Dec. 5, 2010, 11:29 a.m.
Hmm… let's see…

One thing is doing crappy stuff, but being humble at it and other thing would be doing crappy stuff, then acting like a complete idiot.
Dec. 6, 2010, 4:22 a.m.
I don't understand why n00bs don't comment on good cars. I have seen that the re-converted cars or stolen cars receive more comments than where it shouldn't.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}