NFSCars hand-drawing contest?

Oct. 17, 2010, 10:40 a.m.
I was thinking about a hand-drawing contest for nfscars. I think it would be a great addition, considering that we have a lot of talented people around here. I have already talked to Rick, but he doesn't seem to have time to discuss it, so I'm discussing it publicly.

Here's what I think the rules and restrictions for the contest should be:
-The drawing must be hand-drawn
-It must be your own work
-Do not submit a drawing you have already shared on the net and/or with a nfscars member
-Do not reveal your entry during voting; you will be disqualified
-Your submittal must be 1024x768
-You may not edit your drawing with any computer editing program. All work must be done on paper.
-Do not plagiarize or trace an image; you will get disqualified (and I believe should receive an infraction if plagiarized; it falls under the category of "stolen files")
-And as usual, winner chooses next theme.

Themes could vary from transportation, animals, tools/accessories, nature, etc. as long as they make sense and are appropriate. They also have to be specific, so "classic car" or "desert animal" won't do it. Here's why: If someone chose "muscle" as the theme, then we will see camaros, mustangs, challengers, cudas, etc. and in that case, mustang people will vote for the stang, camaro people will vote for that, etc. But if the theme was something like 05-09 Mustang GT, it would maximize honest votes.

As for coloring, I think it should be up to you because if you think colors will kill your piece, then move on. But if you think it needs to be spiced up, then use more than just a pencil. That's my opinion.

So. What do you guys think? Let's discuss.
Oct. 17, 2010, 10:52 a.m.
If you want to run the contest, go right ahead. You will be responsible for everything that goes along with the contest.
Oct. 17, 2010, 11:15 a.m.
Ok great. I am probably gonna use the pictures corner section for that. Do you think it's necessary to add a sub-forum there for this contest?
Oct. 17, 2010, 11:19 a.m.
Yeah, this sounds like a nice contest… If it successfully starts, I might consider myself in.
Oct. 17, 2010, 11:50 a.m.
Just put it in general Photo-Manips.
Oct. 18, 2010, 8:27 a.m.
For those of you following up with this thread:

http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29410
Dec. 7, 2010, 10:19 p.m.
what tu do to enter the contest
Dec. 7, 2010, 10:28 p.m.
what tu do to enter the contestRaVeriDer;550846

Just follow the rules and theme, then submit your entry to Truepro.

Link to contest #2: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29804

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}