Episode 01 Discussion Thread

March 16, 2009, 9:31 p.m.
http://www.nfscars.net/media/podcast/podcast1.mp3

Ok got questions, suggestions, comments, or complaints? Express them here for show #1
March 17, 2009, 1:52 a.m.
and suggest ideas for #2.

45minutes? wow didnt think we could talk that long.

btw- that said link which was supposed to be put in to the thread

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/07/avon-teams-with-resident-evils-umbrella-corp-for-face-cream/#continued
March 17, 2009, 4:51 a.m.
Good Podcast. I enjoyed it. Here's some thoughts I had, take 'em or leave 'em…

Mute the AIM sounds. More than a few times I heard the door closing, door opening or an IM message sound. While not distracting or bad, just I noticed.

Use more of the intro announcer to break-up the segments: Game News, Whatcha Playin', Whatcha Watchin', etc. Maybe some music if you can swing it.

Each week, have something relating to NFS since there may or may not be any news. Things I could think of is:
- Go game by game, week by week (or how often you do the podcast) and discuss each game in order, likes - dislikes, should it be remade, etc.
- Then REVIEW it as if it were released today, how would it do? Maybe your REVIEW would just rival the Metacritic review or something??
- Trivia. Who doesn't love trivia. But it would be fun to ask questions, play sound clips, etc. Ask the questions to each other, then winner is…the winner I guess. I can't think of anything. No cheating!

All I can think of…

How do you guys record, in-studio? Maybe I could "call-in" as a guest?? I was one of the webmasters at NFSCheats ya know. I have heritage!
March 17, 2009, 4:58 a.m.
lol yes yes HHHawk good suggestions. I also noticed the aim sounds after we recorded. I took out as many of them I could in editing but a few were under the voices so bleh. Next time I will remember to turn it off.

-The intro and music was a last minute thing since I was planning for someone to make some music for us but that fell through early on. But yeah I was thinking some more seperation from each topic.
-We use skype so it's actually not very difficult to add another person as a guest.
March 17, 2009, 5:08 a.m.
Imprezzive, are you listening to this? You suck.

You suck moar :P

Good podcast. I enjoyed listening to most of it, such as the movie discussions, but felt like it focused a little too much on video games.
March 17, 2009, 5:25 a.m.
hmm, more movie discussion… check.
March 17, 2009, 5:27 a.m.
OMG, Scott on here? damn. his nfs heritage surpasses mine.

Ill check out the podcast when im home (and that is, if i dont forget it as i tend to do)
March 17, 2009, 8:12 a.m.
Sinister, I was expecting a more …tough guy approach to this. You sound too benevolent for being the evil admin. :P
March 17, 2009, 9:33 a.m.
he's like a gentle kitten!
March 17, 2009, 9:37 a.m.
Sin = Kitten

This thread deserves a n*gga plz rating
March 17, 2009, 10:23 a.m.
Sin, next time go mad. The first podcast sounds like, eh… a gentle dimwitted suburban guy.
March 17, 2009, 11:27 a.m.
Yeah, osmosis is definitely the wrong word. Osmosis is the diffusion of water through a semi-permeable membrane from high to low concentration or something like that. I think the word you wanted was vicarious. You experienced Assassin's Creed vicariously through your brother. Sorry, I had too.

I thought it was pretty funny. I haven't finished it entirely yet, but what I have heard has been pretty funny.
March 17, 2009, 11:43 a.m.
Yeah, osmosis is definitely the wrong word. Osmosis is the diffusion of water through a semi-permeable membrane from high to low concentration or something like that. I think the word you wanted was vicarious. You experienced Assassin's Creed vicariously through your brother. Sorry, I had too.

I thought it was pretty funny. I haven't finished it entirely yet, but what I have heard has been pretty funny.Canada_Kid;466913
This man knows his Engrish.
March 17, 2009, 12:01 p.m.
Sinister sounded just like how he is in real life :)
March 17, 2009, 12:24 p.m.
Sinister does not sound very…sinister :P

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}