NFSCars Next Features (Requests)

Sept. 13, 2007, 7:52 a.m.
I am currently in the final stages of development of the next NFSCars and what I want to do is see if anyone has any feature suggestions?

Post your ideas and if its not already included I might consider it depending on how complex it is and if the site could benefit from it.
Sept. 13, 2007, 7:57 a.m.
A more responsive site. There are times where I would click post or edit post and it just wouldn't move. This could be a server issue or VBulletin being an asshat on my computer…
Sept. 13, 2007, 8:01 a.m.
that's not a feature and that's vbulletin being an ass with php. Still have not found why it does it as the rest of the site has no problem its only the forum which ofcourse I did not code.

Also connection problems can cause this as well. Congestion on the route you take to get to this server. Your latency to this server. Everything can have a impact on it.
Sept. 13, 2007, 8:33 a.m.
are you making a new look for it? if so post a picture so we can give feedback…
Sept. 13, 2007, 8:48 a.m.
I already created a topic on that a while back but I attached the current front page.

There will most likely end up being 2 themes. That one and the general 3 column one like what we currently have but better.
Sept. 13, 2007, 9:17 a.m.
i like it.
:D
Sept. 13, 2007, 10:26 a.m.
cool look, is it possible u could take the adds out, they are annoying. im thinking of some ideas but i cant guess any
Sept. 13, 2007, 10:28 a.m.
Wow, the new outlook is very nice. Anyways, I have at least one thing that should be fixed, those damn symbols, i.e. ™, should work also when submitting private message to user whom has that mark in his/hers nick (i.e. Scuderia Ferrari™). This doesn't apperentally happen to all users but those who have that problem find it really irritating (well from what I know most do but not all :P).

Also, I hope you've tested the new outlook in Firefox, Opera and Safari (works on Windows too now, in case that you didn't know) so that you can see how it works on them instead of just making it to Internet Explorer.

Man this was one messy post. :D
Sept. 13, 2007, 10:47 a.m.
cool look, is it possible u could take the adds out, they are annoying. im thinking of some ideas but i cant guess anyDrift

do you have $350 usd for me every month? I didn't know text ad's where so annoying since that is what we mainly run except for the 1 ad on the main site to the right.

Wow, the new outlook is very nice. Anyways, I have at least one thing that should be fixed, those damn symbols, i.e. ™, should work also when submitting private message to user whom has that mark in his/hers nick (i.e. Scuderia Ferrari™). This doesn't apperentally happen to all users but those who have that problem find it really irritating (well from what I know most do but not all ).

Also, I hope you've tested the new outlook in Firefox, Opera and Safari (works on Windows too now, in case that you didn't know) so that you can see how it works on them instead of just making it to Internet Explorer.

Man this was one messy post.Villain;378971

I always do cross browser testing and follow xhtml standards. The symbol problem is a vbulletin problem which I did not create so I have no control over it. All I could really do is submit a bug report to vbulletin.
Sept. 13, 2007, 10:59 a.m.
for the forum links on the top of the page in your most recent attached link mike, instead of Car editing, Editing Projects, etc.. can we select the forums we want there, or at least have a 'latest' posts link
Sept. 13, 2007, 11:03 a.m.
I could make it a select and list all the forums? Would that be better?
Sept. 13, 2007, 11:30 a.m.
sure., actually probably yeah.
Sept. 13, 2007, 12:20 p.m.
do you have $350 usd for me every month? I didn't know text ad's where so annoying since that is what we mainly run except for the 1 ad on the main site to the right.Mike

ok man, whatever you say, sorry. i didnt know they costed 350$ a month.
Sept. 13, 2007, 3:47 p.m.
the servers cost 350$ / month this is not even factoring the time and other resources I put into the site. (programming, web design, other stuff)
Sept. 13, 2007, 4:15 p.m.
Well Mike, the site update looks nice. I can put a few suggestions, If possible, maybe a wider range of Forum Styles (Im not sure if they're free so i mentioned it), and maybe When you change to a different game (Say if i clicked on High Stakes) the banner saying pro street will have a High Stakes picture with high Stakes on it? (if you wanna get high on that you could make it that your profile options allow you to change each seperae one out of 3 different banners for each agme but that'd probably bie a BIG pain in the ass.). Those are my ideas. Sorry if they're not possible lol.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}