NFSMW - BMW M3 E46 Model fix!

Jan. 16, 2018, 4:05 a.m.
Hello everyone,I have been working on a model fix for the BMW M3 E46 (BMWM3) which was left unfinished with no pvehicle nodes and a model with no bodykits or materials mapped by EA.There are mods that ADD it back to the game (including one/two of mine) but there is not really a 100% customizable model, which is what I am making.The most customizable model is Neon989 (wtf u mad)'s M3 Model fix which is customizable with the exception of bodykits and broken spoiler positions

The model will be customizable with 
Body Kits (M3 GTR Street and M3 GTR Race as bodykits)
Hoods (need to point out that carbon fibre hoods have some glitching atm)
Roof Scoops (all in the game)
Spoilers (all in the game)
About Rims,they are fully customizable on any car in the game… so thats of course customizable too.

Currently the issues I'm having
1.Hoods that use the carbon fibre material have some glitching with the actual carbon fibre material
2.The car has pinkish textures due to some material names (easy to fix)
3.The bodykits have spoilers by default on them,because I imported the body_a of both M3 GTR Street and M3 GTR Race directly without editing (fixable)
4.The model needs to be UV mapped
5.Effects like the exhaust flames,and the reverse light don't work as i haven't created cubes for them yet.

Also one wierd situation…. 
the M3 GTR Race that I have imported as a bodykit,as you all know has the exhast on the side… im wondering if it is possible to set the location of the exhaust to be different just for that bodykit

This is how it looks at the moment
 m3e46.png
Attachments
Jan. 16, 2018, 5:21 a.m.
The Last question: You have to make the exhaust dummies attach with the body kit.
Jan. 16, 2018, 6:08 a.m.
thx
Jan. 16, 2018, 7:44 a.m.
The exhaust are attached to the body which uses it , so you can do pretty much what you want with those.
The UV Mapping isn't a problem , it can be easily done , you'll just have to be sure that the old one is selected , then moved proprely on the vinyl debug that is gonna be used for the final model (BMWM3 in this case).

EDIT : Before I forgot , you can use BINViewer to create the mountpoints , it will be more easier.
Jan. 16, 2018, 8:54 a.m.
There is a specific way you have to turn the dummie in binviewer in order to make it so the exaust shoot out on the sides instead of towards the back or upward
Jan. 18, 2018, 6:55 a.m.
Welp…. attaching it to the bodykit results in no flame at all….. for exhaust………. help…..
Jan. 18, 2018, 9:36 a.m.
Are you adding dummies in Zmod or BINViewer?
Jan. 19, 2018, 5:17 a.m.
zModeler 2.24 

I don't know ABC of BinViewer
Jan. 24, 2018, 3:25 a.m.
Also,do you know what shader name should be used for the moldings,and rim kit 00 silver,etc? as I'm fixing up the model,and i need some help
Jan. 24, 2018, 3:38 a.m.
DULLPLASTIC for any plastic parts
MOLDINGS for moldings
MAGSILVER for rims

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox