[NFSMW] I'm doing it! (Beta Cruiser from PS2 Demo!)

Nov. 5, 2017, 4:51 a.m.
Many of you who have played the NFSMW PS2 Demo,you probably want the beta cruisers (based on a crown vic interceptor).Well,some news for the NFS Community (oh wait,i mean the ones who have played the NFSMW PS2 demo and/or want the beta cruisers) that i have SUCESSFULLY extracted the some/all textures of the crown vic through TexMod and PCSX2.Now i need to fix the blue appearance of all textures,then i'll upload it.Unfortunately,about the geometry,im not sure if i can get the geometry since I'VE NEVER CREATED/CONVERTED/EDITED a car in basically any modeling software,such as zmodeler.I'll upload the textures when i make them the right colour.
Nov. 5, 2017, 5:13 a.m.
These are the files in .png,but anyone can convert them to .dds using Paint.Net or GIMP (plugin req.) or Photoshop (plugin req.)
Attachments
Nov. 5, 2017, 5:40 a.m.
credit me if you use them in your mod.
Nov. 5, 2017, 11:21 a.m.
it is ok if i convert it to .dds? btw holy shit youre awesome  :D
Nov. 5, 2017, 11:23 a.m.
dude i think you need type of plugin where you can make files .dds or change the format of the file

PS2 Demo uses .TM2 so we need to change it to DXT3
Nov. 5, 2017, noon
m8 i can do that no problem
Nov. 5, 2017, 12:47 p.m.
so i just got all these textures you provided converted to dds, right size and compression. i got them into the game (replaced standard textures) but still still looks incorrect, does the ps2 demo version use a different model also?
Nov. 5, 2017, 2:56 p.m.
Wait.. the demo uses *.TM2 file containers instead TM2 texture components in EA BB's container?
There are stuff out there (ie Noesis) that can read *.TM2s right out of the box.
Meshes are a bit more complicated. Triangle strips might be VIF code (which I have no idea about)
Nov. 5, 2017, 6:50 p.m.
no. its still in the usual blackbox tpk packing system.arguably harder for some reason to get any texture data out(the actual raw tm2 for use with console texture converter) as the current scripts don't take into account the fact that the name of the texture can be an unlimited amount of characters.
Nov. 5, 2017, 10:11 p.m.
Ah, get what you're saying. Just got confused by what Neon989 said.
Nov. 6, 2017, 2:17 a.m.
U can use paint.net for converting to DDS,no plugins req. But anyway I'll convert to dxt3 DDS format,but where will we get the model from?
Nov. 6, 2017, 2:42 a.m.
This was neither easy nor hard.It took me 5 attempts to finally be able to capture the textures.BTW TexMod is awesome.I used TexMod,GIMP (couldn't really use paint.net since….)PCSX2 0.98.GIMP was a damn must since the textures would come out blue.It took me 5 attempts before i was finally able to capture the textures,since PCSX2 would crash before i could reach the area where cops spawn and let TexMod save it to ram and me being able to save them as a file.It crashed due to the number of textures TexMod saving to ram in one sec (like 100+/s).I had to pause PCSX2 many times so TexMod would forget about the textures saved to the ram and start saving textures to ram from count of 0 again from the point i resumed.TexMod saved the textures to ram before i got busted waiting for texmod to save textures to ram (tho it is very quick at it).Finally with GIMP i changed all to be the original colour since they all were blue.If you guys want me to save stuff from the carbon ps2 demo/any ps2 demo/more stuff from NFSMW PS2 demo,please let me know,cause i'll sure try
Nov. 7, 2017, 10:07 a.m.
ya im gonna use texmod to to rip unfinished m3 ps2 textures with correct texture mapping, and for that i will use artmoney hex editor pro version.
Nov. 8, 2017, 2:16 a.m.
i could do that but i dont have the ps2 version of the game.I have the gamecube and pc version but i do have the ps2 alpha 124 not final ver tho,nor do i have art money
Nov. 8, 2017, 1:54 p.m.
no worries i will use them for v1.3 of my tuning mod :D
i can provide them too when done if you want. btw i use the review-build ps2 version emulated

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}