NFSMW Xbox 360 HD 720P cutscenes in PC version?

Feb. 11, 2018, 12:41 p.m.
So I got a hold of a copy of the German NFSMW xbox 360 prototype build, and the cutscenes for the game are in WMV format, and in HD 720P, which is better than the PC cutscenes the audio is in german, but replacing the audio with the english audio or whatever other language should be a piece of cake.
My windows computer can play back the wmv cutscenes in windows media player with 0 issues.
The PC cutscenes are in vp6 format, so they are not interchangeable by simply replacing the vp6 files with the 360 wmv ones.
Is it possible to either convert the wmv movies to the vp6 format and retain the higher quality video, or is it possible to maybe make the game read the wmv cutscenes with a modscript?
Feb. 11, 2018, 4:19 p.m.
Do you know if WMV is a common file type that you can maybe convert to AVI? Because if you get an AVI file for these cutscenes I think you can use a program called EA VP6 Encoder to convert videos into the format of the NFS MW cutscenes. I don't know if this could cause them to lose some of their quality though.
Link to the program: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8fjsb3i07ouo04e/EAVP6Encoder.rar
I wrote a bit about it here: http://www.nfscars.net/forums/topics/nfs-most-wanted/43644/1/#post-640670
Feb. 12, 2018, 2:14 p.m.
720p vp6's are possible but are not recommended as the bitrate will be very low and they also cause the games video player to hang on occasion. also you can get actual finished cutscenes from the release x360 and use those instead of the unfinished ones on the german milestone
Feb. 12, 2018, 4:35 p.m.
How might I obtain these finished cut-scenes that I am assuming are already compatible with the PC version that you mentioned?
I have a Platinum Hits US Xbox 360 NFSMW disc, so I would think that you would have to use an Xbox 360 disc extractor program using my PC's dvd drive, and copy the cutscenes into the PC version's directory… and that would work?
Or is there already an easier (or at least simpler) solution?

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}