The forum has grown a lot lately in amounts of posts (Over 70,000 already and more than 10,000 members!), and we thought it was time to make clear what the rules of this board are.
This topic will be updated regularly, so please keep an eye on this. Posting rules:
- Spamming is not allowed. Spamming is posting unneeded posts mainly to increase own post count. Posting few words with no relation to the topic or post is considered spamming. Resurrecting old topics is not allowed, unless it is necessary.
- No explicit material. This includes pornographic and cadaverous images.
- No warez. This includes links to warez sites, posting illegal software, serials, and cracks. Suggesting getting one of the following via a P2P program will not be tolerated.
- No flaming. Do not instigate a flame. If youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re a veteran member, please act like one. Assist new members at the forums instead of attacking them.
- No swearing. Abuse and bypassing of the forums swear filter will not be tolerated.
- No offensive posts. This includes racism, threats, retaliation and any other hateful posts. If youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re being offended in anyway via PM by a member, please contact an admin about this.
- No Avatar Title & Signature Abuse. If you put offensive text in your signature pic and/or avatar, you will lose your right to have a signature pic and/or avatar. Further rules about avatars and signatures can be found below.
- No car or track requests except in the specified thread (which can be found here).
- No testing topics in any forum. If you want to see your signature, there is one thread in Offtopic where you can post once to see if it works and to see if it fits the requirements.
- No extensive advertising. If you have a new NFS related website, it's ok to post about it ONCE, but not more than once. Any other subjects are not allowed.
- No cross posting. Cross posting is posting the same question/remark in several forums at the same time.
- Only English posting. English is the only language allowed on this board. We appreciate if you PM the member you wish to speak with in another language.
- You are not allowed to have more than 1 account per person. If you would like a nick change, please contact an admin. (Note: you can only have one nick change and no more afterwards. This way, it is much easier to keep track of who is who on the board.)
- We ask that you respect the staff at NFSCars and the decisions they make. Topics and posts questioning the actions of a staff member will be deleted. You can, however, PM a staff member and discuss it with them.
If a member posts is in violation with one or more of these rules, please leave it to an Admin or Mod to inform this person of his wrong doings and let them deal with the topic.
Breaking one or more of the above rules can result in your account being blocked permanently. Depending on the extremities of the violation, you will first be warned or lose the account immediately. Avatar and Signature Rules:
- Avatar limits: 80x80 pixels, 6kB (6144 bytes)
- Signature pic limits: The total amount of pixels in a signature pic may not be bigger than 35000, with a maximum height of 175 and a maximum width of 600. So, if someone wants a signature pic to be 600 wide, the height can be 58 (35000/600) at max and if someone wants it to be 175 high, the maximum width is 200 (35000/175) pixels.
This way a variety of sizes is allowed, as long as it does not pass the 35000 pixels limit. The file size limit is still 35kB. Only one signature image is allowed!
- NFSCars SigPic upload form! Go to http://www.nfscars.net/sigpics.php and upload your signature pic there. It will validate the size and type of the pic and you will be able to use the pic on this forum, but this forum only (I use a system similar to other free hosts, remote linking is not allowed).
When a violation of the avatar/signature rule is noticed, the avatar or signature pic in question will be removed by an admin and replaced by an admin notice with the reason.Image in your Signature:
- Upload the picture to http://nfscars.net/sigpics.php (Make sure it is within the size limits)
- Once uploaded, you will be given some code like this
- Take this BBcode and place it in the box for your signature.
And your signature pic should appear.
If you need further help, contact an Admin or Mod.Notice
These rules are set for EVERYONE. It doesn't matter if you're a newbie, have 2500 posts or have designed the best cars in the world, everyone should follow them.
If you see someone breaking a rule, notify someone in the NFSCars Admin Group (me for example) right away so we can take action fast!Update 2: Added car request ruleUpdate 3: Added test ruleUpdate 4: Changed signature & avatar ruleUpdate 5: Added SigPic uploadform line!Update 6: 2 rules added: no advertising & no crosspostingUpdate 7: Only English postingUpdate 8: 1 account/person & added pornographic material to warez-ruleUpdate 9: Sigpic limits modifiedUpdate 10: How to add SigpicsUpdate 11: Sigpic Size modified, general rules added