Organized Online Play for All NFS Games

May 26, 2017, 11:04 a.m.
UPDATE: Join this Discord server and let's plan some games and times to play!

(Copying this same post I'm making on DrivingPassion)
I was thinking about starting perhaps a series or just organized group where we play Need For Speed games online, perhaps once a week or more than that depending on interest.  Kind of like the organized series they have for sim racing games like Project CARS or iRacing, but open to anyone.

We could play any NFS game we want - perhaps different ones at specific times, or just alternating every time we play, once again depending on interest.  Games I personally really want to play with people are Most Wanted ('05), Hot Pursuit 2, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed, and Pro Street.  But I'm cool with any of them!

I think it would be nice to have an organized way to play our favorite classic NFS games together to have a lot of people to play these fantastic games together.  Or is there already something like this in place I'm not aware of?  

If there's a lot of interest, I can start a discord server for this.  I also personally think it would be a fun thing to stream this on my twitch channel!

Let me know what you think!  Are you interested?  Or is this a terrible idea? ;D
May 26, 2017, 11:30 a.m.
That sounds good to me :D

The thing that needs to be done first is a list of the games which are known to be easy to use when it comes to use a multiplayer mod , then set up sessions depending of the users & the quality of their internet connection. :)
May 26, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
Yep definitely.  I'll take a look into that and get a list going.  Also, everyone will have to decide which mods to use, if any, for certain games.

Edit: Oh, we also need to figure out the best VPN service to use for LAN games like NFSMW.  Any suggestions?
May 28, 2017, 3:06 p.m.
Sorry for the late reply
About the VPN services I don't know which one is the more suitable since I don't use one :/
May 28, 2017, 9:15 p.m.
No worries :).  I tried out tunngle, and when I looked at it there was already a good group of people playing NFSU2.  I'll look into some other vpn services though too.
Also, wanna help me set up a Discord server and maybe plan to schedule our first "official" online game later in the week?
May 29, 2017, 1:52 a.m.
Why not for the Discord server too :D , if the storms here decides to help , I could join to the party too :D
May 29, 2017, 4:50 a.m.
Um, how about NFS HP 2010? i'm going to buy one copy of HP2010 next month (probably)

Oh, about Most Wanted… osdever has made MW-Online (check it out on youtube). Maybe we can just use that when it's released?
May 29, 2017, 7:43 a.m.
We know about osdever's MW-Online and it's really interesting. A hot pursuit in Most Wanted. By the way, Has Hot Pursuit 2010 online-game? If yes, it will be awesome. We can be cops or racers. :)

My Most Wanted cannot connect to the server. I don't know why, but my Carbon works. Unfortunately, my Carbon account bugged. Whenever I want add friends, it says: you can't befriend or block yourself. (Sometimes)
pokerface.jpg
May 29, 2017, 7:32 p.m.
I know that LAN does work with NFSPS but I don't have much detail about this.
May 30, 2017, 11:47 a.m.
I know that EA took down the NFS MW online servers a while ago, so the only way to play that online is to use LAN. I'm not sure but I think that's how we'll connect with MW online once it's released. Also it's how we'll connect with other games as well.

Okay, so heres what I think I know:
Games that must use LAN, from what I understand:
NFS Underground
NFS Underground 2
NFS Most Wanted
NFS Pro Street (so this works with LAN, but does anyone know if the main servers are still up?)

Games that don't need LAN:
NFS Carbon (are we sure about this?)
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - you can privately host a game without the need for LAN
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 (servers are still up I believe?)

Games I'm not sure about yet:
NFS 2, 3, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed

Also, I set up a Discord server for this: https://discord.gg/RBFqew (link expires in a day)
Let me know if anyone wants to be an admin and help set up and improve it
May 30, 2017, 1:02 p.m.
I'm sure about Carbon. I can connect to the server less than 3 seconds.
May 30, 2017, 8:06 p.m.
Interesting.  Good then!  I'll have to install it soon and try it out.
May 30, 2017, 8:17 p.m.
NFS Undercover servers aren't dead , they still works

The ones for ProStreet are dead , so that means only LAN / Tunngle
May 31, 2017, 11:40 a.m.
Undercover is working too?? :D
May 31, 2017, 4:19 p.m.
Can you post a new invite link to your Discord server?

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}