Possible Rating

June 9, 2011, 11:16 a.m.
After seeing the gameplay trailer, with a lot of cussing, and crap, The Run will probably be the first NFS game to receive an M rating. Definitely not anything below T. Very low chance of being E10+
June 9, 2011, 11:51 a.m.
I only heard "shit" once. It might get T rating.

Contains content that may be suitable for people 13 and older. However, it is not required that people under 13 must be accompanied by an adult to buy these games. Titles in this category may contain more intense violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language (which is uncensored). Some examples include WWE Smackdown vs. Raw, Futurama, The Simpsons Hit & Run, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, The Sims series, the Castlevania series, the Guitar Hero series, and the first four Ratchet and Clank games. This rating is similar to PEGI's 12 (high end) and 16 (low end),ACB's M and MA15+ (low end) and CERO's B (high end) and C.Wikipedia - ESRB T rating
June 9, 2011, 11:55 a.m.
wait swearwords make a game 18+? What did I miss?

Seriously, some rude language will probably give it a 12+, nothing more. If you want to see why games are rated 18+, I suggest Fallout 3 to you, has all the right things for an 18+ game.
June 11, 2011, 10:05 a.m.
^heck yes, i almost chocked myself first time i played Fallout 3. Then i simply got used of it
June 11, 2011, 6:08 p.m.
If you want to see why games are rated 18+, I suggest Fallout 3 to you, has all the right things for an 18+ game.Competizione;580389

Or GTA4.
If I remember correctly, there was a mission where you must f**k your girlfriend…
June 11, 2011, 8:38 p.m.
Come on, nowadays even babies could pronounce "F*CK". "Shit" doesn't affect so much, I think.
June 11, 2011, 11:15 p.m.
I dont care about Run's rating. If its good im going to get it regardless of whether it has swear words in it or not.

Aside from this, EA wouldnt do it as it would limit their customer base.
June 12, 2011, 9:58 a.m.
Or GTA4.
If I remember correctly, there was a mission where you must f**k your girlfriend…Martin

GTA should be 16, because theres no point of fuck your girlfriend only hearing noises during 5 seconds and a video showing the building
June 12, 2011, 3:30 p.m.
If it's anything like the Cannonball Run or Gumball Rally I might consider it, but unfortunately it's not looking to be that way. Now that I think about it, it would be cool to have a game based off Alexander Roy's US transcontinental run
July 24, 2011, 5:53 p.m.
Hrmmmm

CannonBall Run or SpeedZone would be nice. Brings back some good memories. However everything I have seen about NFS The Run has basically killed my interest in it. I am all "Gansta Crap'd" Out.

Like HP2010, I may pick up a bargin bin copy just to say that I have it but otherwise I have no interest in it at all. Like HP2010, I do not and will not Consider the Run an NFS title.
July 24, 2011, 10:21 p.m.
Like HP2010, I may pick up a bargin bin copy just to say that I have it but otherwise I have no interest in it at all. Like HP2010, I do not and will not Consider the Run an NFS title.FreelancerMar;585671

What? HP2010 is a LOT closer to the original NFS games than those ricer games UG1&2 and the gangsta bullshit in MW/C/UC. Besides, judge the game AFTER you played it, instead of being small minded and immediately start bashing it.
July 25, 2011, 8:43 a.m.
@Competizione

HP2010 is a NFS Badged Burnout title and NOTHING More. Which is really no surprise considering that the folks who made the burnout franchise also made HP2010. And as for the "Origional" NFS, Well I HAVE IT. The last time I checked the cars did not have guns mounted on them!!! Nos was not needed to win a race(wasn't in the first 6 NFS titles)

Also I did not BASH it. I did not call it a bad or poor game and I did not say do not buy it. I voiced an opinion in a relatively reasonable manner and I said what I was going to do. At no point and in no way shape or form am I attempting to influence "Other" peoples opinions. They are free to buy it and judge for themselves. It would, however be nice to be able to try a DEMO before making a purchase decision on it however. But I know that getting a demo is probably not going to happen either.
July 25, 2011, 10:58 a.m.
I didn't know the cars in HP2010 had guns mounted on them? How do I unlock these in my game?

/sarcasm
July 25, 2011, 11:02 a.m.
A game won't get rated because of the curse words. the words will be censored, or in the case of the dubbing, they will put harmless words in there instead of the curse words.
that's how it usually works. they rate the game actually by the content. how bad the violence is and so on. and even then sometimes you just get a different versions, like eg. Counter Strike.
July 25, 2011, 11:28 a.m.
right, don't they censure like mad in Germany? I know there are alot of games like Fallout 3 that have the blood and gore edited out.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}