Sept. 25, 2008, 12:28 p.m.
No big block there. Just your standard 5.7 Litre 350 Cubic inch small block V8.
Btw, same car.

Mr.

This is madness!
Sept. 25, 2008, 3:33 p.m.
YOu are officially a ricer.Rally

Me no care anymore ;l Never owned a tuner, now I do.
Besides, im not going to slap a 10" wing on the trunk or a cambells soup can to the rear…
Although that body kit and GReddy catbacks are in the future.
keyvo1.th.pngthpix.gif
Key shipped, wootness.

Fyi…
Sept. 26, 2008, 6:12 p.m.
Did some more work to it today, cleaned cold air and gave it a wash and de-greased the engine.

th_IMG_0977.jpgth_IMG_0976.jpgth_IMG_0982.jpg
Got the cold air out today to clean it, man that was a pain in the ass… screws havnt been undone in years, thing was just caked in dirt, dust and road grime, clean now.

th_IMG_0978.jpgth_IMG_0981.jpgth_IMG_0983.jpg
Washed it and it looks a loooot better, I plan to wax the car tomorrow along with changing the oils, radiator flush and ect ect ect…

th_IMG_0986.jpg
Right rear tire, got two jacks holding the rear up to keep it off the tire. I just learned today that all 4 tires are the wrong size entirely… which explains a lot…

My car is supposed to have P225/50ZR16s and it currently has P225/60Z16s, the people on the 300zx forums were like "wow what idiot put those on". Ya…
Sept. 27, 2008, 1:43 a.m.
I don't really like the side part of the bodykit as well as hood and spoiler, but the rest seem fine. You seem to try your best on working on your car. ;)
Sept. 27, 2008, 2:07 a.m.
I do try, as for the body kit it's not for a year or more away, but I am getting it(label me ricer, idc).

Going to wax it today, and try to get oils changed as well as flush the radiator.

Some good news on the front bumper, apparently it's Polyurethane and not fiberglass, and a body shop said they would need to look at the damage, but could probably fix for about 500 or less.
Im hoping since it's just warped that it will be much much cheaper than that.

Also, found this from one of the Z sites..
http://www.zmods.org/index.php?page=cowl_restoration#sanding
This is quite cheap to do and will prolong the life of the traps, plus I can probably do this to other parts as well.

After talking with some people on the Z forums, Im a bit worried about the tranny… sounds like it could be ruint and needs a rebuild, Im hoping not.
http://www.zmods.org/index.php?page=at_diag
Going to do this as well when I get home, given the battery held a charge from yesterday -_-
Sept. 27, 2008, 5:15 a.m.
That kit would look a lot nicer minus that fender and wing. All the holes in it remind me of a TVR, and what's the point of an oversize shopping cart handle on the back

Looks great with the exception of the few scuffs and scrapes, which are very minor considering the age
Sept. 27, 2008, 2:45 p.m.
Not sure why, but before reading your post I thought that you could have cleaned the air filter, and you did… curious, lol. Looks a lot better now.

I agree with SLP though, the wing and excessive holes ruin that bodykit… but as the car is yours, you can do whatever you want with it.

By the way, what camera(s) do you use for photos and recording videos?
Sept. 27, 2008, 3:26 p.m.
That body kit again is aero, so the wing is fully functional unlike normal aftermarket wings.
But ya, I do like it and it looks better than any Veilside, Wings West or anything I have seen.

I use a Cannon S3IS for all my pictures and videos, can get 7 mins of video on a 1g card and several hundred max res photos. 6.5meg/pixel images, can take some insanely high quality shots given the right settings.

Ya the air filter, is chromed on top, before I cleaned it, it was black. Give you an idea how dirty it was?

Ugh, I tried to do some work on the car this morning and the car refused to start, followed by the car alarm going off for no apparent reason…
So I charge the battery for an hour, check all the fuses, wires, everything and after 3 hours I still cant find anything; I get mad and slam the driver door and all of a sudden the dash lights go out and the car starts -_-
Wasted morning over something that I still dont know what it was…

1. Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
NANI?!

Edit: I got a mechanic coming out monday, hopefully this time this one shows up…
Sept. 28, 2008, 7:35 p.m.
Everything you have showed us should be at the BOTTOM OF YOUR LIST.

From the sounds of it that block should be a cube. Your plan of attack for this car is pathetic. It probably needs a new motor before a car wash and a new steering wheel. You really have no idea what you're doing, do you?
Sept. 28, 2008, 10:10 p.m.
There is nothing wrong with the engine…I also did not imply I would be getting anything I listed anytime soon, I implied that it would be a year or so away.
I do try, as for the body kit it's not for a year or more away, but I am getting it(label me ricer, idc).
Entire kit 2300 usd…ok…forget kaminari…Border just won my money once I get the money for it
Plus I can always swap the engine down the road
I dont plan on doing anything major to this car other than required repairs or anything else for at least a year, it may be sitting still for 6 months until I can afford the insurance.

As are the seats, steering wheel and misc parts. I dont have the money to blow on things like that when I'm in college and the mechanical repairs come first, not cosmetic.

Seriously, wth is your problem.

There is no reason why I cant post what I am planning to do to the car later down the road, mfg.

Seriously had enough assholes for one day thanks. Go insult someone else.
Sept. 29, 2008, 1:16 a.m.
You bought a money pit. You'll be throwing time and money at this car for a long time before you even get it running like you want it to.
Sept. 29, 2008, 1:49 a.m.
Dont care, I wanted one and I got it. Beides they said on the Z forums that this isnt a cheap car.
I have the money to put into it, but not NOW, I have to pay for college which I will be returning to in January.
This car will be my daily driver once I get the title and insurance.

Already spent 200 dollars on the car just in oils and parts to get it running decently, still need tires and thats 400 dollars and the trans may need a rebuild, thats more money there.
Cosmetic crap can wait.
Sept. 29, 2008, 2:56 a.m.
Be wary that the poor state her engine is in, being that she has a rod knock from what you say. I wouldn't make her a daily driver until the drive train is in top shape.
Sept. 29, 2008, 7:27 a.m.
If this motor has a knock, rust flowing thru it and running on 1 quart of oil, it is NOT OK by any stretch of the imagination.

If your transmission smells like a frying pan, it's probably toast too.
Oct. 1, 2008, 4:35 p.m.
Replaced oils and filters, everything was fine in both. Trans oil was dark, as was the engine oil but there was no chunks or large pieces of metal in the trans screen. The engine was simply not run in 13 months and the oil in the car was like syrup, since putting new oil in the car and replacing the filters it has run quite a bit smoother.
No smell from the transmission or the pan, the oil was all that had an oder, it probably had not been changed in a very very long time.

Had a mechanic double check everything behind me and he didnt find anything, but he did agree to cleaning the throttle body and running injector cleaner, most likely all kinds of gunk built up in there from sitting so long.

Next thing on the list is to clean the TB and run some injector cleaner through the gasoline, but after doing that little bit to the car it is running much much better.
The car was simply put on the side of the road and not run for 13 months, when I came and looked at it, that was the first time the car was even started in that long, so most likely the noise I was hearing was from lack of oil and from all the oil settling to the bottom of the engine.

New problem, solenoid on the starter is gone, not sure how I even got it to start the past 3-4x, it will have to be replaced.

Edit: Again, I added two quarts of oil to it before I drove the car home, it had one quart in it when I first looked at the car, I did NOT drive it on one quart.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}