"Grandma's Revenge" - 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited

Nov. 13, 2007, 3:41 a.m.
The car that no one suspects…

(Some things have changed since that video)

Stock, this car came fully loaded with a 205 horsepower 3.8L V6, Gran Touring Suspension, and the performance 3.06 axle ratio which allowed it to propel itself to sixty miles per hour in 7.9 seconds.

2466907_19_full.jpg

One year later, the car now has a fenderwell cold air intake system with ram air cooling, 180* thermostat, MagnaFlow high flow catalytic converter, Flowmaster 80 Series dual exhaust system, port and polish, and an upgraded PCM delivering an estimated 230+ horsepower and enabling a zero to sixty time of less than seven seconds. All the while still appearing innocent on the surface.

dsc00016aq3.jpg

dsc00020am4.jpg

Beneath the surface…

s6300689lg0.jpg

Comfort will not be sacrificed.

picture1345ws7.jpg

picture1346bm3.jpg

Other modifications include Buick portholes, and painted valve covers and strut tower brace.

Recently, the Buick has become a fixture at a local car show.

s6300716rq5.jpg

s6300719df7.jpg

Recent acceleration video:

Future plans include supercharging, camshaft, upgraded pulley for supercharger, etc. I expect to be putting out well over 300 horsepower by the time I am done, if not over 350.

More to come later…
Nov. 13, 2007, 4:54 a.m.
I see Hondaman has changed his sigpic to include his vehicle!
Nov. 13, 2007, 6:40 a.m.
damn, everytime i see that beaut i get the feeling that i would kill to rid shotgun!

on a sidenote, why are people making seperate topics about their cars? i should do that when i get my new truck!
Nov. 13, 2007, 10:45 a.m.
Thanks Rich :)

Oh, and this is a new forum to take the place of the "Member's Car Corner" thread, since it was becoming chaotic.

Please excuse my abysmally dirty car in the following pictures, due to the water shortage in the Southeastern US I only wash my car if it's about to go to a car show.

Something new, nothing big but I like it:

s6300898dh9.jpg

Note the area under the portholes…chrome V6 badges.

s6300897ko4.jpg

s6300895qv1.jpg

I have been asked more than once what type of engine is in there…and now, they know. Although at idle it could easily be mistaken for having an extra two cylinders.
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:31 p.m.
so you really do drive a buick… and i thought it was a joke…
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:37 p.m.
so you really do drive a buick… and i thought it was a joke…theo1000;387703
And what type of car do you drive? Oh, pardon me, you're most likely too stupid and young to be able to drive. Or think. In fact, you should really shut the **** up.

I find it quite disrespectful that you would say such a thing. Hondaman has performed many a change to this car and it has become quite a beauty.

You're lucky the staff doesn't think like I do, or else your ass would be banned.
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:43 p.m.
OMG….I love it Dan!

The engine looks awesome. ;) And those Chrome Badges are teh own.
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:46 p.m.
The Buick is beautiful! Good work Dan, the car looks great.
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:48 p.m.
@MSFT- i wasnt trying to show disrespect to hondaman whatsoever and i apologize if thats what i portrayed. as a matter of fact, i do drive crap. i was simply pointing out the fact that his name is hondaman and he drives a buick, not that buicks make horrible cars or hondas make horrible cars or anything. ever heard of a 92 suzuki sidekick? yea so nothing personal. apologies to anyone else
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:51 p.m.
@MSFT- i wasnt trying to show disrespect to hondaman whatsoever and i apologize if thats what i portrayed. as a matter of fact, i do drive crap. i was simply pointing out the fact that his name is hondaman and he drives a buick, not that buicks make horrible cars or hondas make horrible cars or anything. ever heard of a 92 suzuki sidekick? yea so nothing personal. apologies to anyone elsetheo1000;387711

I do send my sincerest apologies your way, then. Perhaps, as a word of advice, it would be wise for you to be more specific when stating such things :)
Nov. 16, 2007, 6:59 p.m.
Thanks guys. :) And I'm glad we got that bit sorted out…I was a bit uncertain to begin with myself.

Anyway, full detail coming tomorrow, so that means new pics. :)
Nov. 18, 2007, 4:26 a.m.
Pics after full inside and out detaling:

s6300924sw8.jpg

s6300927gc4.jpg

s6300930gx0.jpg

s6300931sr9.jpg

s6300932co1.jpg
Nov. 18, 2007, 10:31 a.m.
Now what if that Buick were RWD and had a manual…
Nov. 19, 2007, 8:14 a.m.
Dan, I love your Buick, it looks beautiful and you have taken care of it pretty well since you bought it (In fact, every car I have seen from yours is always in a perfect condition).

Now what if that Buick were RWD and had a manual…Rally
But that's the only thing I don't like about your LeSabre… it's a FWD.
Nov. 20, 2007, 4:35 a.m.
Thanks guys. :)

I've found over the years though, that FWD isn't all that bad. Especially if, like I am, you are more concerned with straight line power than cornering. Although this car can handle surprisingly well with the Gran Touring suspension. I have surprised a number of people with it.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}