Recent Large Quantity of Spam

April 21, 2013, 7:53 p.m.
Hey all,

Is it just me, or has there been a sharp increase in the amount of spam appearing on the site recently? I'm not really sure what can be done about that, short of installing various spam-mitigating measures to the board, but it's starting to get such that the spam posts outnumber the actual content.

Another website I frequent uses something called "Spam-O-Matic", which seems to have helped them with their spam problem. (Spam-O-Matic at vBulletin's website.) I'm aware that changing components of the forum software requires lengthy and often difficult maintenance, so I'm not really sure how much the administration can do about this, but I'd like to at least verify that they are aware of the issue.

Sorry if the site admins are already aware of / working on this or something, or if I've posted this in the wrong section of the site.
May 23, 2013, 6:11 p.m.
The newest posts in sixteen out of the eighteen forum sections are spam right now. I'm not sure to what extent reporting spam posts will help matters.

Normally, bumping topics is against the forum rules, but I'm hoping to bring potential solutions to the staff's attention (and the only thing that this displaces is another spam post).

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}