Registration notice

Oct. 15, 2002, 2:47 p.m.
I don't know if this already exists, but is it possible to give a notice to all of the new members about the NFS4 FAQ and Forum Rules through the activation e-mail or something?
Oct. 15, 2002, 2:56 p.m.
Sounds like a good idea. A lot of new people don't read rules so this would be good if Sander did make this.
Oct. 15, 2002, 2:58 p.m.
I like that idea. So many newbies come in and dont bother to read the FAQ, tho they make a thread about something thats in the FAQ! :roll:
Oct. 15, 2002, 4:10 p.m.
Guess we should just wait until Sander sees this.
Oct. 15, 2002, 4:46 p.m.
That's a good idea. Those newbies are so :censored: irritating. :x
Oct. 15, 2002, 6:05 p.m.
But what guarantees they check their email?
Oct. 15, 2002, 6:09 p.m.
how bout a random password… then they can change it in the profile… so they have to check their e-mail and read the faq and rules about comments and posting…
Oct. 15, 2002, 6:22 p.m.
Then who guarantees theyre gonna read the FAQ?
Oct. 15, 2002, 6:49 p.m.
well if they dont read it , we have the right to ignore there post's.
Anonymous
Oct. 15, 2002, 7:04 p.m.
You get an activation e-mail when you register. Somehow, if we could find out how to edit the template for the e-mail, we could include all the FAQ in the e-mail. Or after they have activated, you get sent to a page with the FAQ, you must read through the FAQ and hit an "aggree" button (the button could be disabled for 30 seconds).
Oct. 15, 2002, 7:10 p.m.
Not a bad idea. It's possible to edit the standard email text, and I think it would also be possible to edit the activation page to include the rules, which they have to read before being activated.

As soon as I have some time for that, I will look into it. I don't have too much time though, and I also need to add an NFS6 section to the site and test the demo (offcourse…).
Anonymous
Oct. 15, 2002, 7:56 p.m.
Wow, I'm suprised you even consider my ideas. I am willing to help you out if you have any problems setting it up. :)

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}