So, how does NFSCars move on from here?

Dec. 18, 2015, 3:41 p.m.
Accessing the site while using an adblocker is impossible, so I had to deactivate it. Ublock Origin has registered 71 occurences of malware in the front page and the site is a broken mess. So…

1) What am I allowing into my PC by browsing NFSCars unguarded?
2) Why is the site in this state of complete abandon?

You guys won't bring back the GTR folk, but relinquishing the site and letting it rot like a leper is ridiculous.
Dec. 20, 2015, 5:45 a.m.
I dunno why , I didn't have to disable my adblocker , I had to add NFSCars as an exception , but I didn't remember how I've done that.

However , Mike is really busy at that time , the last time I talked with him was 2 months ago , and considering the website starts to die , I wonder why there isn't any coders over here to manage the website's developpement. As for the bugs , I'm unable to manage my files , and moreover I can't upload files in some games sections , such as Underground 2 for example :/
Dec. 20, 2015, 11:35 a.m.
Yeah it's not beyond saving but it's in a bad state. :(

I dunno, I have a couple suggestions, mainly regarding the forum. The individual game sections need some reorganizing, I think. I suggest separating by developer with a focus on PC but NFS has had a lot of spin-offs over the years and it's hard to segment them all. I'd do the following:

1) Classic NFS (TNFS to NFS6)
2) Black Box era (Underground to Undercover plus The Run)
3) Shift games
4) Criterion remakes era
5) Ghost Games era

I would also do away with F&B;, it has no place in a serious community website IMO. Though I'd not add any swear filter. I remember being impossible to write "cockpit" a while ago because the censor was dumb and censored the "****" part of the word. You just need to find some balance and be sensible instead of either allowing everything or censoring everything.

I'd also merge the modeling and converting forums. This separation only exists because of butthurt people a while ago who wanted to make converters look inferior. Just add tags like SCR for scratch-made models and CONV for conversions like every other car forum does. A mod is a mod, if it looks pretty, works correctly and handles nicely, people don't care about the source. From experience I know conversions tend to be hastily made (I myself was somewhat guilty) but the best converters do a fantastic job.

Dead sections like podcasts, etc. should be moved to a historic or "legacy" section.
Dec. 20, 2015, 4:34 p.m.
Those ideas are great dude , but we need to know if there are any coders over here to seeif that could be done… :|
Dec. 21, 2015, 7:41 a.m.
Those ideas are great dude , but we need to know if there are any coders over here to seeif that could be done…
And Some..One or Body to Safe the site..
Dec. 27, 2015, 5:07 p.m.
Back then, the file list filtering system in NFSCars was extremely useful. Now, the file list filtering system is buggy and incomplete. Examples:
-Now I can't filter the file list to show only Ryuji Kainoh's cars.
-Now I can't filter the car showroom list to show only specific car models.
NFSCars definitely needs a lot of bugfixing. I hope this site returns to its former glory.
Dec. 28, 2015, 10:17 p.m.
Guys I am well aware of the issues. I just have to the find the time to finish it. I do have a full time job which demands a lot of my time plus two little girls to look after as well.

If it is any consolation, something cool is coming.
Dec. 28, 2015, 11:26 p.m.
Great!!:)
Dec. 29, 2015, 6:53 p.m.
Nice Mike!
Dec. 29, 2015, 8:16 p.m.
Now that's a very cool thing. :D
Dec. 30, 2015, 12:36 a.m.
Nice to see you working on it despite your very busy life :D
Keep on going , Mike :)
Dec. 30, 2015, 1:57 a.m.
@Mike343
Yay! You're doing great, Mike! Looking forward for the new design! :D