Splitting "Tools" download sections into subsections?

May 31, 2015, 11:22 p.m.
I just think this would make the website so much more organized and make it so much easier to find mods. In the High Stakes section for example we have like 7+ pages of downloads under tools, but there is everything ranging from compatibility patches to modeler starting meshes to modder tools to sound modifications.

I think there should be at least 3 categories: (examples are for NFS: HS section)

- Editing Tools: Tools designed specifically for making mods for a certain game. Things that would go here are tools like NFS: Wizard, Carcad, and meshes or packages of models and so on to help modders make their own mods.

- Game Mods: Things designed to change or improve some cosmetic or gameplay aspect of the game but that aren't a modding tool. I.e. visual effects mods, music, new loading screens, a mod that changes siren sounds.

- Patches and Compatibility: Maybe someone else can think of a better name. Things that make the game "run better" for certain users go here. Things like updated 3D setups, Windows XP patches, 1 mb error fix, etc. go here.

Maybe the community could help with organizing the files too?
June 4, 2015, 4:59 a.m.
Anyone think this is a good idea? The Tools downloads will only keep growing and getting more and more disorganized.
June 4, 2015, 9:40 a.m.
seems like a good idea

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}