T3ED Updates (NFS4 Track Editor) by JimD

May 27, 2012, 11:54 p.m.
T3ED 4.0 is ready to use ! Download here from Magenta Cloud

New in Version 0.07pre1.1 Plus Dev 4.0 :

- A new paste mode has been added. “Replace only track texture information”. It will replace all texures and poperties from trackpolygones. Objects won’t be changed.
- A new view has been added “Show Track Based On Visibility”. Unvisible blocks are show in a light grey, and can’t be selected.
- Fix for crashing when selecting global objects and active trackpreview.
- Default trackpreview shows now two more blocks.
- If “Show Track Based On Visibility” is activated, trackpreview shows blocks that should be visible in game, up to 30 blocks. Global objects will always be shown in trackpreview.
- Visibility information can be changed for actual block by using [Alt] Page Up/Down keys. “Show Track Based On Visibility” must be enabled.
- Size of trackpreview window can be easier changed now.
- Use CTRL + MouseWheel to zoom in/out trackpreview without changing normal view scale.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.9 :

- Global NFS4 object manipulation added. Global object will now be shown, can be moved and converted in extra objects and back.
- It is now possible to delete any block from the track. Not only at the end.
- Paste block from Clipboard before selected block added. (Be carefull, not very well tested !)

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.8 :

- Frd file properties dialog added.
- Block properties dialog added.
- New function “Edit -> Find” for polygons added. You can search for polygons by texture, HS texture properties, texture animation data and polygon road flags (drive-over behavior).
- VRoad refpoints will be handled as extra objects. Select “Edit Virtual Road Points” and you can move them like you want.

For NFS4 only :

- If available height.sim, spdfa.bin and spdra.bin will be loaded and saved with the tr.frd file. (Thanks to Christian Brandt & Lasse Karkkainen for their NFS4 Spdtools.)
- Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data will be copied and pasted together with block data.
- Undo for Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data added.
- New dialog “Edit Tools - > Virtual Road, heights, spdfa & spdra” (Ctrl+H) allows to edit that values. In block mode all data from actual block is shown. In object mode all data from selected VRoad refpoints will be displayed if properties is selected from menu. Note : The “spdXA Speed” has only 4 values per block all others have usually 8. That’s why speed values are shown twice, e.g. 0=1,2=3,4=5 and 6=7. Only the first (0,2,4,6) will be written to disk.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.7 :

- Textures of new created objects won’t be animated be default anymore. This caused serveral HS crashes.
- Import (extra) objects from ‘.off’ files. Object File Format contains no texture information, only strucutres can be imported. Because NFS only supports polygons with 4 vertices other will be transformed into 4 poly ones. Polygons with more than 8 vertices can’t be imported.
- Export (extra) objects to ‘.off’ files.
- The texture function for objects can now set NFS HS Texture properties.
- New “merge objects” function. Go to object mode,  enable the merge/split button. When you select two (extra) objects the second will be merged into the first.
- Polygon & extra objects can be moved into another chunk. Turn off “Automatic Object Membership” and open properties. (ALT + Enter).
- Roate for polygons (NFS3 compatible, rotates the texture without using HS Texture Properties.)
- Invert polygons function (CTRL + I), turns over front & back.
- Much more extra object properties are shown and can be changed. For example, the crosstype can be changed. That allows to make objects hitable. The colide effect specifies how they behave. Solid like trees/walls (1) or like signs (2).
- In the extra object properties dialog, the animation data can be exported & imported to a text file. And finally the length of the animation can be changed. Bigger ones that the simple rotating donut on snowy are possible.
- New object can be created as animated objects.
- Show objects middle in status bar.

Some explaining videos are on youtube :

T3ED Dev 3.7 : Import Off Objects

T3ED Dev 3.7 : Object conversion and creation of animations.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.6 :

- “Undo, but keep VRoad” added. The VRoad can be moved in block mode, when the track is moved. Now there a undo which brings back the track, but keeps the moved VRoad.
- Adjust road width fixed. Now you really can select the blocks which should be adjusted.
- Copy whole block to Clipboard
- Paste block as new additional block.
- Replace the currently selected block, with block from clipboard. Move and, or rotate the new block in old position.
- Moving blocks without smoothing by pressing control.
- Rotate whole blocks.
- The “Expand / Shrink”, “Rotate”, “Shadow Raytracer”, “Add / Replace Block” & “Adjust Road Width” windows are keeping their settings for the next call.
- Polygon / extra object properties added (ALT+ENTER). If  â€œAutomatic Object Membership” is off, you can manually change the block where the object belongs to.
- Move distance can be manually entered.
- Show the refpoint position in status bar when block mode is active.
- The Block Neighbours function has now an option to connect points to near points of neighbour blocks.
- Line up x,y, (z) function for point mode added.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.5 :

- Copy Polygon-, Extra-, Light- & Sound- objects to clipboard. You have to be in object mode and use Ctrl + C or “Edit -> Copy” from menu.
- Paste Polygon-, Extra-, Light- & Sound- objects from clipboard to another block or even track ! Select object mode and use Ctrl + v or “Edit -> Paste” from menu.

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.4 :

- Rotate (extra-) objects around their middle.
- New / Duplicate function has a new shortcut Ctrl + D or Ctrl + N. (Ctrl + V will be used for clipboard.).
- Copy position of a point to Windows clipboard (Ctrl + C).
- Paste clipboard postion to a point (Ctrl + V)

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.3 :

- Change textures of trackpolygons, polygon & extra objects in one step. Choose the new lowest texture and all textures will be change with the same offset.
- Expand / Shrink (extra) objects is now possible. You can select each axis independent or connected. It’s selectable on which position the object will be aligned. (Top, middle or bottom.)
- Fixed light & sound source properties. Values can be changed directly in T3ED now, for thoose who don’t want to use the frd-tool.
- In point mode : Ctrl + Y copy X & Y position to memory, Shift + Y paste memory position to selected point(s).

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.2 :

- Track shading tracer, by - Lasse Kärkkäinen aka. Nappe1. It’s one of the last thing he implemented before he gave up working on T3ED. All credits should go to him.
- Mousewheel can be used to zoom in / out.
- Compiled DirectX sdk sum2004 which is the latest working with VS6.
- Added options for LOD Generator and Track shading tracer. (Start Block, End Block, etc.)
- After moving objects, the they will be stored in the Block which is closest to the new position.
May 28, 2012, 3:25 a.m.
T3ED Dev 3.7 : Object conversion and creation of animations.GER_JimD;617027

Woah, awesome. 8)
Sorry if singling this out makes it seem as if I'm not acknowledging all your other improvements, I'm not a track creator, but that rotating Radar station looks very cool. Is there a limit to how many objects can be animated?
May 28, 2012, 5:51 a.m.
Is there a limit to how many objects can be animated?Remko;617042
I don't know, I've already made 4 different in one trackblock. But only some old EA programer really knows.;)
May 28, 2012, 9:33 p.m.
This has come just as I was trying to make new objects for my track - definitely checking this out.

Many thanks Jim :)
June 15, 2012, 6:48 a.m.
I'm experimenting with new stuff for the T3ED at the moment. This is the result of my tries : Auqatica_slashed (You need the NFS HS Mixer to import this track.)
It has the original heights.sim, spdfa.bin, spdra.bin files. They are just converted to the new track lenght of 128 blocks.
June 15, 2012, 7:11 a.m.
Do you think you could make it compatible with the format that MCO uses for the tracks?
June 16, 2012, 1:10 a.m.
I'm experimenting with new stuff for the T3ED at the moment. This is the result of my tries : Auqatica_slashed (You need the NFS HS Mixer to import this track.)
It has the original heights.sim, spdfa.bin, spdra.bin files. They are just converted to the new track lenght of 128 blocks.GER_JimD;618458

I check this track and it is cool, i dont know how you delete about 47 blocks, and track still looking good, but do you say us how to change heights.sim, spdfa.bin, spdra.bin files this file??? maybe than i can fixed Miami night.
June 16, 2012, 10:25 p.m.
Do you think you could make it compatible with the format that MCO uses for the tracks?Cheetahboy;618459
I already tried to load mco tracks, but the format differs more than I hoped. It's a lot of work, with no guarantee of success.

I check this track and it is cool, i dont know how you delete about 47 blocks, and track still looking good, but do you say us how to change heights.sim, spdfa.bin, spdra.bin files this file??? maybe than i can fixed Miami night.nfsfan83;618480
I managed to load & save thoose files in t3ed. This Aq track is just a try if it still works when I modify data.
June 17, 2012, 12:40 a.m.
Great try, looking forward updates on the MCO tracks too :)
July 14, 2012, 2:01 a.m.
T3ED 3.8 is read to use ! Download on Dropbox

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.8 :

- Frd file properties dialog added.
- Block properties dialog added.
- New function “Edit -> Find” for polygons added. You can search for polygons by texture, HS texture properties, texture animation data and polygon road flags (drive-over behavior).
- VRoad refpoints will be handled as extra objects. Select “Edit Virtual Road Points” and you can move them like you want.

For NFS4 only :

- If available height.sim, spdfa.bin and spdra.bin will be loaded and saved with the tr.frd file. (Thanks to Christian Brandt & Lasse Karkkainen for their NFS4 Spdtools.)
- Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data will be copied and pasted together with block data.
- Undo for Heights.sim, spdfa.bin & spdra.bin data added.
- New dialog “Edit Tools - > Virtual Road, heights, spdfa & spdra” (Ctrl+H) allows to edit that values. In block mode all data from actual block is shown. In object mode all data from selected VRoad refpoints will be displayed if properties is selected from menu. Note : The “spdXA Speed” has only 4 values per block all others have usually 8. That’s why speed values are shown twice, e.g. 0=1,2=3,4=5 and 6=7. Only the first (0,2,4,6) will be written to disk.

With this version you can extend NFS4 tracks because heights.sim, spdFA.bin & spdRA.bin will be loaded and saved, too ! You can improve the AI line (like I did for Lake Diabolo V129) I copied data from original tracks to my Lake Diabolo blocks with similar curves. You can also edit values manually.

13565914072012.jpg

I also added the requested "Find Polygon" function. Which can be a great help changing textures or polygon properties.

13571814072012.jpg
July 14, 2012, 2:21 a.m.
I cannot think of anything else than this to post:

Rainbow-Puke-D-random-21329583-500-382.jpg
Aug. 5, 2012, 7:45 p.m.
Undated to T3ED Dev 3.8.0.159 yesterday. I had to fix the "Find Polygon" function again. Hopefully it works now as expected.
Nov. 6, 2012, 2:28 a.m.
What do you think is this ?
Nov. 6, 2012, 5:14 a.m.
Looks like the Hometown biplane to me. Awesome!
Nov. 6, 2012, 5:51 a.m.
Looks like the Hometown biplane to me. Awesome!GT40
QFT.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}