The story behind your name, sig, title?

April 20, 2010, 10:29 a.m.
Anyone want to share the way you came up with your username, sig, avatar, what are the reasons for your choices? Etymology of the names, who designed your sigs/avatars, there is usually a lot of story to it.

The custom member title too. (I bet Allure aka Ecstatic Seraphim has a lot to say about his names, sigs and avatars).

So many people have the F-Body Faction avatar/sig combo, is the Faction still active?

Upon reply to topic, I shall post my story ;)
April 20, 2010, 10:56 a.m.
haha, i become Nfsproo because i can´t use Nfspro XDDDD and mi sig…because i show two dices in a car with that design and i fall in love XD
April 20, 2010, 11:16 a.m.
Well -
big_muppet996
Big - meaningless
Muppet - I like Animal from the muppets
996 current Porsche body type when i made the account.

I would like to Change my name, but i need to think a lot more about what it should say, i'm a massive fan of Viktor von Doom so i was thinking of Dr.DooM

My current avatar is a photograph of a toadstool that i took, and the signature image is of my favorite car.
April 20, 2010, 11:48 a.m.
I started using "MuscleCarFreak" back when I was in Highschool as an AIM name, which was MuscleCarFreak75. Infact, I still use it whenever I actually do decide to talk.
Basically, the reason behind using the name is obvious. I enjoy Muscle Cars, and everything about em. After the amount of Muscle Cars I have read about, studied, worked on, etc, it was safe to dub myself MCF.
I'm normally comfused with a "MuscleCarFreak" who models for GTA and other things, but thats as far as it goes.
My 75 Nova Prostreet models are all that I have out to the public.

I used to be part of the F-Body Faction from the beginning, to it's downfall. The moment I decided to pull my FBF sig and av down was when mecha, out of all people, decided just about anyone can join. Now that half the members carry the theme after we're practically no more, it defeats the purpose. All it is now is a thing of the past. It was fun, and everyone wanted in. Now that it's over, Dan and the whole Damn family can join.

My Sig and Av is nothing special. The CMT is the name of a song I like, that I feel I can relate to, and the Sig is just a few lyrics from that song that I have found myself saying alot recently. IMHO, it's quite fitting.
April 20, 2010, 12:05 p.m.
I guess I'll post mine later. :)
April 20, 2010, 12:11 p.m.
Middystyle is from a part of my last name, and twisted it till I came to Middysyle, it's just my style…

And my avatar, well, that's just because I live in the eatern part of holland, where the horse stands for the badge of the district, Twente.
April 20, 2010, 12:18 p.m.
Name: Started out at DarkShadow529 for my Live account, which I got to play Halo 3 online with friends. Im partial to stealth when playing shooters thatss why I chose DarkShadow. The 529 (pronounced 5-2-9, not 52-9 or 5-29)was special on its own. Kinda like a code I guess. I changed my name a month later because I felt like a nerd. Changed it to GreedyTurbo529 because autos are my thing. I use GreedyTurbo529 for everything online, so if you see that name, its me. BTW, its not GReddyTurbo like a lot of people try to correct me on. It is in fact Greedy, as in I WANT MORE!!

Sig: Just made my first one a few days ago. :) Never had a sig before. Figured Id make one, put my two main forums on there too.

Avatar: It was an option I had for my gamer picture when I was setting up my 360 for the first time. Stuck with it. I named him Padoop. I tried a few other things but I missed my little green ball.

Funny story: I joined the ProStreet forums on EA.com (my first forum) Found NSF Cars because Sin was spamming it over there. lol. He said something like "These forums suck. For those who are mature check out NFS Cars. Its a lot better than this shitty ass place" I signed up because I agreed.
April 20, 2010, 12:29 p.m.
I liked mobile phone game Edge so I thought it could be a name. But it was too simple and too often used so I decided to add number. Dunno why I picked 2, it just felt right. My name would have been "2Edge" but when I searched from Google I noticed there's rapper named 2Edge. So I added dash between 2 and Edge.

Current avatar is Lemonstein which is one character in one comic strip of web comic Cyanide & Happiness.
April 20, 2010, 12:42 p.m.
Blahhead- random name I made up when I started playing online on Unreal Tournament 2004, underscores are there because somebody stole my sandwich… I mean just 'cause.
Avatar- It's orenjjii-kun, well sort of, from the anime Code Geass.
Siggy- I made it, the car and the sig. Clicky for my deviantArt.
April 20, 2010, 12:49 p.m.
(I bet Allure aka Ecstatic Seraphim has a lot to say about his names, sigs and avatars).Sir

Sure thing I do. :)

I'll see for the other replies and then make my own.
April 20, 2010, 1:08 p.m.
Ruub - short for my real name which is Ruben ("Reuben" in English). That in turn is a Hebrew name, and it means "Behold, a son". In the Bible, you can find it in Genesis chapter 29 verse 32. A lot of my friends and close family (like my brother) often call me Ruub instead of Ruben, so I thought it'd be nice to use it as a nickname.
W - first letter of my last name

Avatar&sig;: I've loved the new Aston Martin Vantage ever since I first saw it. And then I saw the beautifully made clip of the V12 Vantage on Top Gear (season 13 ending - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZlpRdQlRI) and I've been fond of it ever since.
April 20, 2010, 1:20 p.m.
For those who are mature check out NFS Cars. Its a lot better than this shitty ass placeGreedyTurbo529;519955
Damn, that other forum must have really sucked.
April 20, 2010, 1:38 p.m.
Damn, that other forum must have really sucked.MuscleCarFreak;519963
Sadly they do. Mainly due to the functionality, load times, and the caliber of member at the time. That said, we had quite a better group of members then as well. More stable, and frequent posters. Many of the Veteran members have drifted away, including Rick and Nuts4Ford as it seems.
Funny story: I joined the ProStreet forums on EA.com (my first forum) Found NSF Cars because Sin was spamming it over there. lol. He said something like "These forums suck. For those who are mature check out NFS Cars. Its a lot better than this shitty ass place" I signed up because I agreed.GreedyTurbo529;519955
I don't remember posting something as simple as that, but it's probably close to accurate in a generalized way.
April 20, 2010, 2 p.m.
I don't remember posting something as simple as that, but it's probably close to accurate in a generalized way.Sinister;519966

I remember seeing something like that multiple times, in different threads, but that was the gist anyways. EA Torque started removing them calling it spam. Then I believe you said that its not spam, its giving people better options. It was rather entertaining IMO.
April 20, 2010, 2:40 p.m.
Now that it's over, Dan and the whole Damn family can join.MuscleCarFreak;519952

It's famn damily. :P

Name: LiveToPorsche
I made this up from two things. The first, is that my dad rides a Harley Davidson, and on the HD emblem are the words Live To Ride. And the other part is because I'm a Porsche fanatic. Ergo LiveToPorsche.

I've had a few other avatars before this, but I decided I'll stick with this one, since it shows my dedication, at least in my opinion.

Sig: Turbo resting on a Netherlands gravel road.
Again, because of the Porsche fanaticism, and the title "The Dream", is because I wish to own a Porsche one day.

Active Topics

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}