Tuning Section Questions and Comments.

Nov. 30, 2007, 8:03 a.m.
This thread is for questions or comments regarding the tuning section only.

Please keep all questions to this thread.
Nov. 30, 2007, 9 a.m.
when im drag racing my muscle car does a wheelie and i can't control it down the drag strip i loose control of my car. can u help on how i can keep it on the pavement after doing a wheelie. my car is a dodge challenger r/t 725 hp.
Nov. 30, 2007, 9:33 a.m.
put the Caster +2, stiffen front suspension.
Nov. 30, 2007, 10:52 a.m.
i can't make my gt500 make a wheelie. my back wheels tyre pressure is low and i have soft suspension , the ride height is on "high" and its 616BHP and 606 Torque
Nov. 30, 2007, 10:59 a.m.
stiffen rear suspension, harder tires +3/4, shorten your 1st (-3) and 2nd (-2 ) gears, change low end boost to -2 high end boost +3, rideheight -3.

when my charger can make wheelies going from 5th to 6th on the 1/2 mile, i think its the driver not the car that is the problem.
Jan. 4, 2008, 3:24 a.m.
Can you give me basic tips for tuning for each type of race?

At the moment I am just setting Aero to 20% on front bumber and 10% for everything else for each type of car. No other tuning besides setting gear ratios to to tall for drag cars..otherwise they peak to quickely or reach the perfect zone too quickely after a shift.

I don't need anything indepth, just sorta like wether I want more drag or aero for each event and then one or two other things I should be tuning differently for each event.
Jan. 4, 2008, 3:48 a.m.
i will discuss a few things with some racers, and try to get back on this with a write up.

as for shifting peaking too quickly after a shift…. umm.. shift faster… im doubleshifting alot, it just takes time to get used to. once you can, you'll reach those under 6s marks too.
Jan. 4, 2008, 4:09 a.m.
Thanks. I don't need 6 seconds just yet, I am playing on casual and just under 10 is still more than enough to dominate at my stage…which is why I am currently using the Seat Leon Cupra as my drag car (and keep on getting told off by the announcer for using it >_< ). So at the moment I still prefer comfort over perfection which is why I have been setting the gear ratios to tall and why I am not worried about indepth tuning yet.
Jan. 4, 2008, 5:06 a.m.
is there like a mode where i can test my tunings? i hate having to start a race day, enter a race, drive around (testing), and then leave the race day; just to try my new settings out.
Jan. 4, 2008, 5:57 a.m.
what i have done, is created a custom raceday with the races i've wanted to test

1/4 & 1/2 drag..
then i have it setup for solo
once in the raceday, you can choose race or practice
practice allows you to try out the track as well as change tuning settings in race..
so basically, its a matter of race, tune settings, restart.

problem with drag is you'll end up having to do ALOT of the minigame for all this, which after a few settings does get quite annoying.

the other races its not so bad with.. its the same simple format, just race, tune, restart.
Jan. 11, 2008, 12:46 a.m.
Does altering the wheels have any effect? Specifically I'm thinking of the widening of the tyres and the option to go low profile. Trouble is, I'm not consistent enough to be certain.
Jan. 11, 2008, 12:58 a.m.
Nope, it's all visual.
Jan. 14, 2008, 11:02 a.m.
What does the forced induction boost pressure do? The game just says more boost = more power.
Also, what are the effects/benefits of fiddling with the cam timing?
Feb. 3, 2008, 5:25 a.m.
what does the windtunnel tuing do??? I knowit increases downforce but that only comes into play at high speeds and in low speeds you in fact understeer am i right to say that?
My BMWs are notorious for understeer…(both E46 and E92 M3s) cant seem to kill them…i'd have to turn in very very early…
Feb. 3, 2008, noon
Wind tunnel also affects top speed and acceleration.

Get the balance right and with some cars you can get another 3-4mph top speed through the tunnel. Not much, but it could just be that edge you need.

Don't just go for 100% throughout, the drag slider may move the wrong way but there are cars and settings where the increased drag will reduce the speed of your car.

Understeer tends to be more suspension and tyre tuning I think.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}