Uploading troubles

Sept. 26, 2014, 5:55 a.m.
Hallo,

excuse me for disturbing, but I just wanted to know if there's a size limit for the upload of files.
I made some modifications to my latest car that made its archive grow from 14 MB till about 50 MB.
When trying to upload this, I always receive from my browser the Answer: "The connection was reset" or something.

Am I doing something wrong ore are there technical difficulties?

Thanks in advance for your attention
Sept. 26, 2014, 10:08 a.m.
I usually have problems uploading too. All I can say is it has to be in. zip format, and not too large so don't include photos in it or anything. then try and try again. 50 mb might be limit though, you have to search and see what the limit is.
Sept. 26, 2014, 2:28 p.m.
Yes, thanks for your reply.
My file grew because I used bodykits to add liveries. This trick requires the multiplication for 5 times (5 liveries) of the car body and damage parts. So the geometry file became huge. There was no way to keep the size down.
I already serached for the size limit, but couldn't find anything.
Sept. 26, 2014, 8:51 p.m.
Yes. Your file size is too high. Try to always keep it as low as possible. But if you do happen to oversize it try to compress your mod with 7zip and then with Winrar so the file would be in .rar format, which is one of the 2 formats this site allows you to upload ;)
Sept. 27, 2014, 3:01 a.m.
Ok thanks. I'm gonna try immediately!

Yes! The size went down ten times! Thank you! And sorry! I had forgotten that there was such a big difference between the compression algorythms of Winzip and 7Zip!
Sept. 27, 2014, 3:56 a.m.
I'm glad I was able to help :D
Nov. 23, 2014, 4:16 p.m.
I'm glad I was able to help :DGreger;670770
Actually the upload limit is much greater then 50MB it's at 500MB. The reason you probably get a connection reset is because packets are being dropped between you and the server somewhere.

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

{[{ notification.title }]}

{[{ notification.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}
{[{ notification.sender.display_name }]}
older notifications mark all as read
Shoutbox
{[{ shout.created|timeAgo:'MM/dd/yyyy' }]}