Electronic Arts announced today another add-on for Need for Speed Shift: the Exotic Racing Series, containing seven hot new cars, a new race track and over 50 new events - created specifically for these cars including time challenges, endurance and sprint races!
While the Ferrari Racing Pack was only exclusive for the Xbox360, this time the Exotic Racing Series will be available for 10 USD on Xbox360 an Playstation 3. If the add-on will ever make it to the PC is not known yet.
Exotic Racing Series
The Exotic Racing Series Pack will contain the following cars:
1. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
2. BMW M1 Procar
3. GUMPERT apollo
4. Honda NSX
5. McLaren MP4-12C
6. Maserati GranTurismo S
7. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss
The new track Riviera is available in four unique layoutse, each with daring corners, multiple blazing straight-aways and a few hairpins that will push these cars to the limit. Players that complete the package will receive an additional 125 Microsoft gamerpoints or 5 PlayStation Trophies as a reward for undertaking various exciting challenges.
The Exotic Racing Series for Need for Speed Shift will be available on March 18th, 2010 on Xbox360 and Playstation 3.
Tomorrow get ready to rev the engines of the Ferrari DLC available for the 360, until then here are some of the 32 new screenshots.
as always you can see all the screenshots available for Shift here
The truth is revealed, EA and Ferrari have come together once again after an eight year hiatus.
Ferrari is returning to Need for Speed for the first time since 2002â€™s Hot Pursuit 2, and we think the Ferrari Racing Series â€“ only available for Need for Speed SHIFT - will be worth the wait for fans of the legendary automaker. So on February 16, strap yourself in, because the Ferrari Racing Series is going to be a fast and fun ride you donâ€™t need to empty your life savings to get.
Weâ€™ve got 10 of the fastest and most beautiful prancing horses on the planet, including the Italian stallionâ€™s most recent triumph, California, as well as modern classics like the F430 and 599 GTB Fioriano and race-bred monsters F50 GT and F430 GTC. Below are all 10 Ferrariâ€™s included in the Ferrari Racing Series:
# FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA
# FERRARI 599 GTB FIORIANO
# FERRARI CALIFORNIA
# FERRARI F50 GT
# FERRARI F430 CHALLENGE
# FERRARI F430 GTC
# FERRARI F430 SPIDER
# FERRARI FXX
# FERRARI SCUDERIA SPIDER 16M
# FERRARI SUPERAMERICA
A bonus for Ferrari fans who download the Ferrari Racing Series is a new set of racing events which pits you against other Ferraris to determine which one of these elegant Italian thoroughbreds is best. The events included in the Ferrari Racing Series are:
# Ferrari Race Exhibition â€“ Four single race events
# Ferrari Time Challenge - Hot Lap â€“ Four single time attack events.
# Ferrari Mixed Track Competition â€“ Four series events consisting of two races at multi layout tracks.
# Ferrari Time Challenge - Time Attack â€“ Four single time attack events.
# Ferrari Series Competition â€“ Three series events consisting of five races.
# Ferrari Eliminator Competition â€“ Four eliminator based events (2 Lap eliminator and 2 Time eliminator).
# Ferrari Endurance Competition â€“ Two single endurance events.
# Ferrari World Tour â€“ A single race series consisting of 5 races.
There is also a brand new set of achievements to be conquered, worth 125 gamer points in total.
The good news is that Ferrari has returned to NFS, but this is currently an EXCLUSIVE to the 360 ONLY. Quite unfortunate for the PS3 and PC owners.
The Ferrari Racing Pack will be available for $10.00 or 800 MS Points. (Xbox Live and NFS Shift is required.)
The rumor, which many fans of the Need for Speed series hoped to become reality is ferrari-themed download content pack for Need for Speed Shift will be released later this month.
Any information regarding the exact release date of said DLC remains currently unknown but rest assured that if such details are revealed, you will be informed as soon as possible.
Electronic Arts with GGL and AutoTrader are running a gaming competition running until March 7, 2010. There are $40,000 in prizes to be won and the grand prize winner will receive $30,000 toward the purchase of a vehicle from AutoTrader.com
Also 16 lucky entrants will automatically make the playoffs in a special wildcard qualification round . The playoffs will consist of the top 128 players in a single elimination bracket to determine the top four drivers.
The top-4 finalists will be flown to Vancouver to compete for the grand prize on EA's 30-foot screen, as well as getting the chance to meet the famed NFSDrew.
Only 33 days until the contest closes and the finalists are decided, so click here or the link below to register.
It's released, grab it at:
Patch 1.02 includes five new cars (Toyota Supra Mk IV, 1967 Shelby GT500, 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and the 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T). There is a new game mode called Team Racing which pits Team Red vs Team Blue in an intense battle for track domination. The maximum number of racers in an online game is increased from 8 to 12.
NFS: Shift - Free New Game Mode and Muscle Cars Announced
November 20th 2009
Extra Game Mode
- Team Racing
- 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
- 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
- 1998 Toyota Supra MkIV
The Team Racing Pack is available December 1 on Xbox 360 and PC and December 3 on PlayStation 3 in Europe. North American gamers will having to wait until December 10th. It is a FREE download.
SpikeTV VGA Awards - Shift Nominated for Best Driving Game.
November 18th 2009
Another year has come around with some great titles. SpikeTV is hosting their VGA awards on December 12, 2009 at 8PM (EST).
Help choose The Best Driving game and after while your at it, put in some other votes for the rest of the categories.
I would recommend a vote for Shift obviously since we are on a Need For Speed Site, but of course you are open to vote for anything.
Here are the details for the new patch. We're currently working through the testing process so don't have a confirmed date yet; as soon as we do we'll update the thread.
- Increased the maximum number of online players from 8 to 12
BUG FIXES - CROSS-PLATFORM
- General game stability and performance improvements
- Improved car handling
- Fix for issue where some cars would bounce on their suspension during high load situations
- Fix for grass sometimes being displayed out of position
- Fix for intermittent incorrect driver duel results
- Fix for inverted balance slider operation
- Fix for online wins and losses occasionally being calculated incorrectly for drift races
- Fixed issue where loaned career car would inherit the player's career car tuning settings
- Fixed various usability issues with the advanced tuning screens
- Fixed lap timing for first lap of rolling start events
- Fixed car tuning settings sometimes not taking effect
- Fix to prevent rewinding past the start of instant replays
- Fixed car livery occasionally appearing all white during driver duel events
- Fixed incorrect screens being shown when player is disqualified
- Fix for occasional invisible opponents appearing during online drift events
- Fix for intermittent hang when skipping quickly through post-race screens
- Fix for intermittent hang when pressing X repeatedly in My Cars screen
- Fix for missing race groove on point-to-point tracks
- Prevented car livery resetting to default after an online race
- Fix for advanced tuning not staying unlocked on reload
- Fixed invitational event cars getting their setups corrupted and becoming undrivable (e.g. Veryon and Carrera GT)
- Fix for Lamborghini's having a low top speed when upgraded
- Fix for Corvette Z06 and Dodge Viper not able to move at the start of some events
- Fix for some upgraded AI cars bottoming out causing some instability over bumps
- Fix upgrade menu bug
- Fix for a force feedback strength settings save bug
- Fix multi-player settings for AI opponents and drift mode
- Fix for vinyls being incorrectly applied on rear wing
- Fix for a hang in lobby when accessing friend's list from car select
- Fix for profile load bug which skips save select menu when holding down Enter key
- Fix for jumping body parts when car resets
- Improved ATi graphics card support
- Improved dynamic vertex buffer usage (performance optimization on all PCs)
- Fixed crashes on certain PC configurations when changing shadow settings
- Fixed intermittent crash during first lap of races on certain PC configurations
- Disabled forced dampening for custom wheel presets on PC
- Optimized multi-GPU PC operation
- Fix for intermittent missing surface sounds on certain PC configurations
- Fix for intermittent black skies
- Fix for LAN menu hang for client when host quickly returns to main menu
May 15, 2011
May 13, 2011
May 10, 2011
May 07, 2011
Jun 29, 2017
Feb 24, 2015
Aug 29, 2014
May 31, 2014