On Monday we already told you about the upcoming Halloween Community Event. You will have the chance to win a Nvidia GeForce GT 240 (1 GB) video card. But the Nvdia card isn't the only prize to be won. The players who place second and third will win cool Need for Speed apparel.
If you want to be eligible to compete in the competition all you need to do is email your driver name that you will use to compete with to Drew@NeedforSpeed.com.
Check all the details and the official rules and regulations for the event in the news post of Monday or at NeedForSpeed.com.
You don't have to wait for your favorite cars anymore.
Now you can buy the car you want with your SpeedBoost.
These cars are available now:
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Audi R8
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560
- Lexus IS-F
- Audi S5
- Lotus Elise
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR-Edition
- Dodge Charger R/T
- Volkswagen Scirocco
There will be more cars later. Those are just the first available cars.
And don't worry, it's regardless of the level you are in the game.
Check out the store with the cars above here.
Check out the webstore here.
Need For Speed World grew: 3 new regions and 25 new race events.
If you already know Rockport, Fortuna and Kempton, you'll be surprised of its new look. They have been tailored to the new graphics.
The 25 included race events spread across great new Sprint and Curcuit events, and there will be new leaderboards as well, so you can show off your skills to the whole World.
Check out the article on NeedForSpeed.com here.
Announcing the Need for Speed World Halloween Community Event
October 25th 2010
We are very excited to announce the Need for Speed World Halloween Community Event. We had such a great time with the Oktoberfest community event that we wanted to do another one. So Eduardo, Jude and the rest of the team have been busy giving NFS World a Halloween themed make over.
Since the world will already be dressed up we thought it would be a perfect time to have another community competition. So starting Friday, October 29th players will have three days to post their best total race time on the special Halloween in game race event 'Ghostwood'. After three days the player with the best total race time will win a Nvidia GeForce GT 240 (1 GB) video card. The players with the second and third best total race times will win some great NFS apparel.
A big thanks goes out to Nvidia for providing a great grand prize!
The NFS World Halloween Community Event begins @ 9am (PST) October 29th and ends at 9am (PST) November 1st. To participate in the community event, players need to email their driver names to NFSDrew (Drew@NeedforSpeed.com). Only players who have emailed their driver name will appear on the competition leaderboard. We'll stop accepting entries at 11:59pm (PST) October 31st.
Below are the official rules and regulations for the Halloween Community Event:
1. To enter the competition, you must email your driver name to NFSDrew:
- Email Address: Drew@NeedforSpeed.com
- Email Subject: Halloween Community Event Entry
- Email Body: My Need for Speed World driver name is
- Within the email you must provide the your driver name that you will use to race
- Once you've sent the email you are officially entered into the competition
2. Players may enter the competition (send their email) before October 29th. In fact, we encourage players to enter the competition early.
3. Grand Prize, second and third place prize winners will be determined by Best Total Race Time
4. Once entered, Players must race and finish the in-game race event 'Ghostwood' in order post their time on the leaderboard
- Players are not required to submit a screen shot of their total race time
- Players are not required to submit a video of their race
4. The Ghostwood race will become available to race at 9am (PST) October 29th. Until that time the event will not appear in game.
5. The Ghostwood race event can be raced in either Multiplayer or single player race mode
6. Players can use any car they wish in the event
7. There are no restrictions on power up usage. Any and all powers up can be used as many times as the player wants.
8. There are no regional / location restrictions on this community event. Anyone anywhere in the World can participate.
9. If a player is suspected of cheating / hacking the NFS world team will investigate and reserve the right to remove said player from the leaderboard
Official Need for Speed Link
A little bit late, but better late than never.
If you want to know more about Need For Speed World or you have a question about World, you can follow the â€˜Ask Marcâ€™ videos, in which Drew Hahn and Marc De Villes answer the gamersâ€™ questions, or you can post your own questions below the videos on the YouTube website.
To the thread.
This is the last week to have your chance to help choose the winner for the World Contest #2, take a minute to go vote for your favorite ride.
Contest Voting Thread
Last Day to vote is October 25, 2010
Our Affiliates at Racerplanet are hosting a Find the locations contest Here.
Our first contest at Racerplanet for NFS World is now officially begun! We've searched the game and found 5 random locations around the world. We took some pictures but can't seem to remember where they were taken! Help us find the identify the location the pictures were taken and get a chance to win one of 3 starter pack codes!
Snippet of the rules and other information
Identify each image location based on it's grid coordinates in a manner similar to the following.
example: image3 10A
To enter send jtace a PM (private message) via the forums with the grid location of each of the 5 images.
Contest Deadline: I must receive the PM by the end of the month, 10/31/2010.
Entry Rules: Everyone is eligible to enter only once. All submissions must be via PM on the forums. To be eligible for the prize drawing you must get all 5 image locations correct.
Prizes: After the contest is over, all submissions will be verified and a random drawing of 3 winners will be drawn from among the correct entries. Each winner will receive a starter pack code worth Speed Boost and the free car starter car if you don't have it already.
Again you can check out everything about the contest Here.
The Porsche 911 Turbo (a.k.a. the 997 TT) did a lap in 7 minutes and 32 seconds at the Nurburgring Nordschleife track. This set the benchmark for Nissan, Porsche and Corvette.
'The 911 Turbo is an incredible feat of engineering using its 3.6-liter engine which allows it to tear up the pavement from 0-60 in only 3.3 tiny seconds.'
Check the complete news post here.
Before you start reading, I would like to point out that the 5 new rental cars which were applied last week are still only rentals, you cannot purchase them yet.
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy the server / game patch 4.12. Release notes below.
Two (2) hours
Start: 20:00 hrs (8:00 PM) PDT
End: 22:00 hrs (10:00 PM) PDT
During the maintenance window, the servers were offline and users were not able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.
- Hitting walls will now have a greater impact to your overall speed. This change should discourage â€œwallridingâ€ and improve the overall racing experience for all players.
- Pursuit Breakers will now properly respawn when entering or exiting an event or pursuit.
- Fixed an issue preventing some vinyls from displaying properly in the Car Dealer.
- Fixed the â€˜abandoned drive-inâ€™ pursuit breaker near Camden & Rosewood that was not functioning as intended.
- Removed some Tutorial tips that were appearing repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue that was causing a NETERROR_CONNECT_PEER_ TIMEOUT error message to be displayed for some users.
- HUD will no longer overlap after changing drivers during the Tutorials.
- Fixed an issue preventing new drivers from moving after exiting their first race.