The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / a game patch to Need for Speed World. Please see Release Notes below.
February 7th, 2012
Start: 2pm (14:00) PST – 5pm (17:00) EST – 10pm (22:00) GMT
End: 6pm (18:00) PST – 9pm (21:00) EST – 2am (2:00) GMT
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.
- Chat enhancements:
- Players are now able to chat while in the Safehouse
- When sending a whisper to another Driver, a separate chat filter is created to allow the player to see a record of the conversation between two players
- A notification icon will appear when receiving updates to specific chat filters
- - Two new Team Escape events have been added to the game: â€œHigh Stakesâ€ and â€œUndergroundâ€
- For a limited time only, A Valentine Aftermarket Card Pack is available for purchase and includes exclusive Valentineâ€™s Day Neons and License Plates
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 â€œ2011 Beastâ€ has been reintroduced to Need for Speed World and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- The Lexus IS F â€œ2011 Beautyâ€ has been reintroduced to Need for Speed World and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- An all new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition â€œ2012 Beautyâ€ has been added to the game and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- An all new Lexus LFA â€œ2012 Beastâ€ has been added to the game and is available for purchase form the Car Dealer
- - Existing Team Escape events have been adjusted for difficulty. Time limits are now shorter, while Rep and Cash rewards have increased
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has undergone retuning to increase the carâ€™s top speed and enhance its handling
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 bumper cam has been adjusted
- The Lexus LFAâ€™s engine sound has been changed to match the real-life acoustics of the LFAâ€™s V10 4.8L engine and multi-stage exhaust system
- The Lexus IS F has undergone retuning to increase the carâ€™s top speed and enhance its handling
- A 7th gear has been added to the Lexus IS F
- The Lexus IS Fâ€™s bumper cam has been adjusted
- The â€œ/fâ€ friends chat functionality has been fixed
- Fixed an issue that caused exhaust tips to clip into the Lamborghini Countach 5000 QUATTROVALVOLEâ€™s body when equipped with visual packages
- Fixed an issue that caused 2 steering wheels to appear on the Nissan 200SX while in minimum level of detail
- Some missing vinyl thumbnail images were added for the Koenigsegg CCX â€œEliteâ€
- Some minor world/environment fixes were made
- Some missing mouse-over SFX were added when highlighting elements in the Aftermarket Shop
Important Update to SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED Servers!
February 6th 2012
Please be aware that today (Monday, February 6th) the team will be implementing an update to the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED servers. As a result of this update, players will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO CHANGE THEIR EA ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM WITHIN SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED.
If you do attempt to change your password from within the game you'll receive an error message stating that the new password is invalid. For PC players specifically, if they change their password outside of the game (through Origin, for example) they will not be able to log into Autolog, or in extreme cases will have to delete their save game files in order to connect to Autolog.
If you experience any issues with your password in SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, please contact EA Customer Support.
A long awaited patch for Need For Speed The Run has been released. To get the patch simply login to Origin on your PC and it will automatically download / install the patch. Also included are nine new cars from the Signature Edition Booster Pack.
Signature Edition Booster Pack cars:
- Puppet Chevy El Camino SS
- Fatlace Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
- Venom Nissan 370Z
- Scoundrel Subaru Impreza WRX STi
- Victory BMW M3 Sport Evolution
- Nicolas Mazda RX-7
- Mega Nissan GT-R (R35)
- Falken Porsche 911 GT3
- Conroy Ford GT
Below is a list of all updates in this patch.
- 30 FPS cap is disabled when v-sync is set to OFF in advanced display settings
- Miscellaneous fixes for gamepad and peripheral support
- Tweaked reset behavior for a number of tracks in The Run where resets seemed too close to the main race route
- When players go off track, they will be reset back onto the track instead of at the last checkpoint. Crashes will still result in a reset to the last checkpoint.
- Fixed issue where Autolog split time HUD would sometimes disappear after a vehicle reset
â€“ Updated car images will now be displayed in Challenge Series loading screen
- Added Quick Match option from multiplayer menu
- Players now have the option to mute VOIP of other players in multiplayer sessions
- Reduced unrealistic behaviors when multiplayer opponents drive off-road or collide with world objects
- Fixed issue where sometimes icons wouldnâ€™t display for playgroup members in the intermission screen
- Animated recently completed solo and group objectives in the intermission screen
- Display active objectives in the pre-race loading screen
- Tabs will now auto-cycle during the intermission screen, manually tabbing between screens will disable the auto cycling.
- Countdown timers in MP will flash orange in the last 5 seconds
- Will still display session rewards for players that finish the last race in a session after all other players have left the session.
- Hide the empty race results and session standing tabs in the intermission screen when joining a race in progress
Gallery â€“ Fix to extend scroll bar for entire length of gallery
News â€“ Fixed alignment of news list and top of news image
Friends - Now displays whether a friend is online, joinable or offline in player badge
Friends â€“ Added option to join a friendâ€™s multiplayer session from the friends list, if friend is in a joinable session.
Photo â€“ Now displays the proper error message when a photo upload fails due to being out of space.
What do you think Jack was saying or thinking as he jumped from roof to roof to get away from the cops?
Could it be, â€œMan Iâ€™m glad I took long-jumping at schoolâ€ or â€œThis sure looks cooler in the movies than in real-lifeâ€
Share your ideas and creative quotes in the comments section of our Facebook post. Those who post the most unique or funny captions could win a CODE!
Please be mindful of the house rules. Just be cool and have fun as we will not tolerate spamming, inappropriate content, offensive statements or comments that violate the house rules.
Let the laughs and smiles begin!
Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago LP 640 - Now Available for In-Game Cash!
January 27th 2012
Exotic fans get ready. 640HP combined with an AWD setup that distributes 70% of torque to the rear axle under most conditions makes this Big Bull an extreme ride. Not only does this car look the part, it drives like a true exotic should and challenges any in its class.
Could the Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago LP 640 be the car that dethrones the BMW GTR e46 in Need for Speed World free to play racing game? Put it through its paces and decide for yourself. The Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago LP 640 is now available for in-game cash!
Back by popular demand (and because NFSCoulter wanted a shot at the sweet jumps in the beginning), we've got a new Time Attack this week.
NFSCoulter ran a faster time for you to beat, but all the practice you did on NFS Edition Showdown before will pay off because we're not changing the Challenge Series!
If you can beat 2:41.07 on NFS Edition Showdown in the Plains Interstate Challenge Series, here's what to do:
1. Beat NFSCoulter's time in the same Challenge Series event
2. Grab a picture of your race time on the post-race screen
3. Twitpic it to @NeedForSpeed with the hashtag #NFSTheRunTimeAttack.
(We'll also take video entries; just be sure to submit your video as a response to our Time Attack video on YouTube)
At the end of the week we'll randomly draw from the pool of all entries one lucky winner who will receive a very cool prize from the Need for Speed swag cabinet!
A couple of rules you need to be aware of:
- There are no regional restrictions for this challenge. Anybody anywhere in the world can enter!
- This competition is open to all platforms.
- You can use any car available in the Challenge Series event
- Your twitpic and/or video must clearly display your race time. If we can't read it, it won't be considered a valid entry
- If you do choose to submit via YouTube video, it must be submitted as a response to our video
- Use of cheat programs or trainers is prohibited
- A player can only win one week in a row
Jaguar made its name by producing a series of eye-catching sports cars with amazing performance. The XKR was first introduced in the late 90â€™s with a supercharged engine and since then, this desired luxury sportscar continues to evolve.
Driven by pure driving enthusiasts, the two door coupe has an aspirated V8 that produces 500+horsepower. Itâ€™s faster, sleeker and with more agility, Jaguar takes driving pleasure to an entire new level.
There's simply something chic about the Jaguar XKR. There's no questioning that this Tier2 cat is aggressive and subtle in a dominate way.
See if you can tame this Big Cat! To try, get yours today in the Car Dealer!
Are you ready to find your treasure a lot faster? Specifically designed to give players the edge while hunting for treasure, this tier 3 rocket will highlight treasure locations on your World Map and is the perfect car to find all your gems quickly!
Our Art Team has placed the signature black and green accents as well as a custom â€œGemâ€ vinyl on this big bull to give it that unique â€œTreasure Hunterâ€ look. Outfitted with a gleaming green neon and custom plate, this custom Lambo is definitely one you will want in your collection.
To start hunting for treasure, go to the Car Dealer today. Happy Hunting!
NFS World has started to retire cars and will continue to do so on a weekly basis, so if you have had your eye on a certain beloved car, get it while you can!
With plenty of new cars being introduced weekly, weâ€™ll look to â€œexistingâ€ cars and temporarily retire them. Owners of the retired cars will still be able to race them whereas others will need to wait until the car is once again available. Retired cars will become available again in the future, but at no guaranteed schedule. We will always give you a 1-week notice and list of the cars that are scheduled for retirement in the upcoming week. This gives you plenty of time to decide for yourself!
As of January 12th, the following cars will be retired from our current inventory and will not be purchasable until next year:
- Nissan Silvia Cop Car
- BMW 135i Art Director Car
- Aston Martin
- Aston Martin Cop car
To help our community get their hands on these cars before theyâ€™re gone, these cars will be on sale for 20% off ALL WEEK!!! Now is your chance so donâ€™t miss out! Get these cars in your garage today!