Go Back   NFSCars Forums > Need For Speed Editing Section > Track Editing Discussion

Track Editing Discussion Post your NFS Track Editing Projects, questions, Tips and answers Here.

Old 02-18-2012   #1
GER_JimD

Default T3ED Dev 3.6 (NFS4 Track Editor)

Here is my next T3ED version.

T3ED_Dev3.6.0.65.zip

New in Version 0.07pre1.1*Plus Dev 3.6 (by JimDiabolo) :

- “Undo, but keep VRoad” added. The VRoad can be moved in block mode, when the track is moved. Now there a undo which brings back the track, but keeps the moved VRoad.
- Adjust road width fixed. Now you really can select the blocks which should be adjusted.
- Moving blocks without smoothing by pressing control.
- Expand - Shrink and Rotate whole blocks.
- Copy whole block to Clipboard
- Paste block as new additional block.
- Replace the currently selected block, with block from clipboard. Move and, or rotate the new block in old position.
- The “Expand / Shrink”, “Rotate”, “Shadow Raytracer”, “Add / Replace Block” & “Adjust Road Width” windows are keeping their settings for the next call.
- Polygon / extra object properties added (ALT+ENTER). If “Automatic Object Membership” is off, you can manually change the block where the object belongs to.
- Move distance can be manually entered.
- Show the refpoint position in status bar when block mode is active.
- The Block Neighbours function has now an option to connect points to near points of neighbour blocks.
- Line up x,y, (z) function for point mode added.

Get NFS4 Stock & Expansion Pack from my Dropbox folder.

Last edited by GER_JimD; 04-28-2012 at 03:02 AM..
GER_JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012   #2
Reptillian
Fly by the darkness.

Send a message via AIM to Reptillian Send a message via MSN to Reptillian Send a message via Yahoo to Reptillian

If only import object is possible.
Reptillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #3
GER_JimD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Lover View Post
If only import object is possible.
Just the old boring question about an import function again ? Is there nothing to say about the stuff that is new ? Looks like I wasted a lot of time.

Old 02-21-2012   #4
nfsfan83

New version is very good, you can make one cool track block, and paste that many times if you want. Program also remember settings of rotate values etc For me import 3ds objects is not problem, because i like creating my own buildings in T3ED.

But what is it:

- Adjust road width fixed. Now you really can select the blocks which should be adjusted.

- Polygon / extra object properties added (ALT+ENTER). If “Automatic Object Membership” is off, you can manually change the block where the object belongs to.

Last edited by nfsfan83; 02-21-2012 at 02:49 AM..
nfsfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #5
GER_JimD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfan83 View Post
The function had a bug, it only worked if you adjust the road width for the whole track. Now you can select the blocks which should be recalculated. As explample from 31 to 35 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfan83 View Post
Here is a Youtube video : Moving a object that belongs to block 35 to the nearsest block, which is 31.

Old 04-23-2012   #6
Nappe1

Excotic Lover: Jim is working with program that original author (Denis Aurroux) dropped the support over 10 years ago. Roots of this editor are in 1996 and NFS 2, so It's pathetic keep asking same feature, which has been explained to death, why it is not going to happen. We are talking here about file format that has been designed to be only exported (not edittable) and for systems that were mostly having software rasterizer. (Haven't seen Quads anywhere in games since 2000...)

Jim: post sources with "as they are" license. The you can start pasting the same reply for the excotic lover every time: "Use the sources and contribute."

I think the original lisence called posting modified sources, but haven't talked with Denis in 5-7 years or so, so I have no idea if he even knows development still going on.
RP Design: Quality NFS cars, tracks and tools from 1999 to 2006 and still in modding business for other games.
Nappe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #7
Reptillian
Fly by the darkness.

Send a message via AIM to Reptillian Send a message via MSN to Reptillian Send a message via Yahoo to Reptillian

Nappe1, actually objects has been proven to be imported. - http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showpos...5&postcount=46

Read that.
Reptillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #8
GER_JimD

Yes, actually a import of the simple .off files is working. (Only polygons without textures).

The link at start contains the sources of version 3.6, so everyone can make thier own changes. Actually I'm still adding stuff to the 3.7 version, that's why I didn't post the sources of it yet. But I wanted to prove, I've done an object import. That's why a made the post, Exotic Lover has shown.