Go Back   NFSCars Forums > NFS Forums > General NFS Discussion (1994-2006) > NFS: Underground 1 & 2

NFS: Underground 1 & 2 Discuss anything on Underground 1 and 2!

Old 12-09-2004   #1
Viper
NFSCars Enforcer

Default NFS U2 Tips for gameplay, driving and tuning cars

Post and share your tips and tricks for NFS Underground 2- here's a pretty good site which offers a few of their own in PDF Format:

Courtesy of "Tips and Tricks.com"

Last edited by Viper; 01-30-2005 at 10:46 PM..
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #2
Noni

thanks!
Noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #3
Itsuki

Default Got tips and tricks to tune cars in U2? share it here!!!

well I made this post so that all of us here can exchange tips and brag out technical know-hows ...of course the main thing is to get optimal settings for each car...esp suspension settings where its a headache to tune...well i'll start the ball rolling then....
What is a good engine to you fellas? what kind of torque curve would u like to see in the dyno??would u prefer high torque at low Rpms or vice versa?

IMHO i prefer it to be flat....

Now y? well thats because it gives a constant torque all the way to the redline (my supra has max torque frm 3000RPM and remains the same all the way to the redline) cos there is always a chance that u'll drop off the boost level while driving,cutting thru corners or even crashing...which is the worst cos u need time to recover and when u do not have the torque to pickup speed from the line u're gonna lose out alot of valuable time...this is esp true in outrun mode

anyway i'll upload the pics for the optimal settings for my car ASAP....and i hope u guys can share as much info as u can and btw....can anyone gimme a tip on how 2 get rid of that irritating understeer in my TT? i've lowered it as much as i can and set 2 a max downforce of 10 but still it can't really turn....

Last edited by Itsuki; 01-09-2005 at 12:59 AM..
Itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #4
Pinoy Racer
Peugot 206 Driver

Send a message via Yahoo to Pinoy Racer

Can you help me out to understand the tuning mumbo-jumbo? I only understand on how to customize the Nitro.
Pinoy Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #5
quazi2003

Send a message via AIM to quazi2003 Send a message via MSN to quazi2003 Send a message via Yahoo to quazi2003

For drag racing:

Push all the "blue stuff" towards high RPM's. Save nothing for the low RPM ranges.
You will see a slight increase in both torque and HP.

Suspension: heighten the ride all the way up. Soften all the springs and shocks.

Set the downforce and tire grip settings to the max.

Tune the gearbox so that: You accelerate fast at the start, but also reach a high top speed.

Of course you must try to get perfect shifts in every gear. Also at the start. If you have done all the tuning right, and get a perfect shift start, you might actually do a small wheelie...

If you are having problems getting a perfect shift in the 2nd gear (because the engine is revving to fast for you to react), try not revving the engine when about to start.
When the race starts (and the engine is still idling) immediately press the gas and nitorus button. you will get a decent start without spinning the tires, and it is easier to control.

If you have a low framerate, try looking backwards (using the "hood view"). There will be a dramatic increase in framerate, and it will be easier to get a perfect shift start.

Doing all this, i have managed to (using the 240SX with 502 hp) get a quarter mile time of 7.03 secs. This was without using cheats/trainers, perfect shifts all the way, and the nitrous (set at middle setting) nailed all the way from 2nd gear.

(note: for the quarter mile run i used the lightest gearbox setting)

Try it!
Old 01-19-2005   #6
Pinoy Racer
Peugot 206 Driver

Send a message via Yahoo to Pinoy Racer

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Pinoy Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #7
Itsuki

yeah thats for drag...nice one man....but this setting is a no-no for circuits and URLs...when u crash u have no power at all to regain back the speed
Old 01-27-2005   #8
--miCZar--

Send a message via MSN to --miCZar--

quazi2003 thats not working for me, its worse than a default for me maybe i dod smthg wrong :/ i would be grateful it u or Itsuki set 240sx to drag mode and make some screen of suspension, drivetrain, ECU and turbo sets. I'd be really grateful. Im a lil bit frustrate that i made 6 perfect shifts with NOS from 1 up to 6 and have 2-3 secs worst time than leet driv0rs Plz help me i luv to drag
--miCZar-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #9
Itsuki

well the 240SX is not that powerful enough IMHO for drag...i tried to set the toqrue curve to make it as linear as possible but the result is that the torque is not that high due to engine limitations
Old 01-28-2005   #10
--miCZar--

Send a message via MSN to --miCZar--

but all the records on drag are made with Nissan 240sx :O
--miCZar-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #11
onelesssblues

Hey i got a 7.98 qtr mile in a honda civic tuning only NOS.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v280/o...ONDQTRMILE.jpg
Im kinda proud? =)
beat that anyone?
onelesssblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #12
Itsuki

I thought its the 350Z thats the fastest in dragging aming the JDMs???next in line shld be the skyline then the supra...fastest still would be the mustang

Last edited by Itsuki; 02-04-2005 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: mistake
Old 02-04-2005   #13
neil

hey itsuki i want to talk to u man

let us meet at ...........

[DOUBLE POST REMOVED]
Please make yourself familiar with the Rules for Proper Posting and General Forum Rules.
-TheMeandMe

Last edited by TheMeandMe; 02-06-2005 at 06:36 AM..
neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005   #14
ASDAS

hi, first of all, are the pntiacs and Mustangs supercharged meaning does the boost act like a supercharged car or would you say they are turbod?? They sound supercharged. So getting to my second point, how do u tune the GTO amd Stang because the supercharger acts different to a Turbo. I am curious.
ASDAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #15
Itsuki

in raelity supercharger is better than a turbo cos its belt driven by the pulley and not using exhaust gases to run the turbine.....so there is no lag even if u fit in a big one....downside is that its expensive....for me i tune it in such a way that its max torque comes out at arnd 4000Rpm and remains constant throughout till the redline....thats W/o the turbo...IMO the turbo ruins the balance for the cars....both the GTO and the stang...and muscle cars is abt pure Raw power thru displacement...not FIed...thats not pure muscle Power IMHO and no there are no Superchargers in the game cos the trademark of superchargers is high torque at low RPMs and constant boost after that...

rememebr...Flat torque curves are always the best(apart from drag racing) thats Y those Grp B rally monsters were so powerful right from standstill(wheelies are even possbile with just 600NM) so its all abt tuning it right....

[DOUBLE POST REMOVED]
Please make yourself familiar with the Rules for Proper Posting and General Forum Rules.
-TheMeandMe

Last edited by TheMeandMe; 02-08-2005 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: Double Post!
Old 02-09-2005   #16
ASDAS

ok. Turbos and superchargers have their ups and downs. Eg: Supers have a exponential boost curve, meaning that as the revs increase so does the boost but at a greater rate, but as they are belt driven they sap the power from the engine moreso than a turbo. On the other hand the turbo has 'lag' due to it having to overcome inertia, meaning it has to spin up to produce the boost, this is more pronounced in larger turbos. They however do not sap the power from the engine as much as the superchargers do. The stangs and GTOs do run superchargers i think, as the boost bars in the turbo tuning reach their peak at relatively low rpm. I think to find the answers to this question we will have to ask the creators as different set ups behave differently. Eg: a bigger turbo produces more boost with more lag which shows with a more gradual curve and the smaller ones produce less boost with less lag. There is really no way to prove what each vehicle is running apart from the sounds created. The stang has a gear whing made by the supercharger and there is no blow off valve/wastegate sound which also points to the supercharger. I could go on in a lot more detail but i dont want to bore you or take up too much space.

Edit: I was also wondering how to change the name from member to something else

Last edited by ASDAS; 02-09-2005 at 01:28 AM..
ASDAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #17
Itsuki

okay....found a way to eliminate the audi TT's horrible handling with a simple soloution....
one is get as much downforce as u can and 2ndly...DON'T get the sway bars,strut bars...i've tried driving my TT with 10.0 downforce,lvl 3 engine,ecu upgrades and STOCK suspension(apart frm the cabmer plates) and it performs like a dream....no understeer...in fact there was plenty of oversteer to play with...and of course...whenever possible,try lightening the car as much as possible,upgrade the brakes as much as u can and not forgetting the tyres
and for tyres...lets say if u have lvl 3 tyres so the grip lvl is 10.0 right? for the front leave it at 10.0 and for the rear make it to about 7.0(this one applies to Rwd and 4WD cars) and it'll help the car to turn by inducing some oversteer and btw this one does nto apply to the SUVs cos I'v tried it and i've failed miserably...

I'll try 2 experiment witht he turbo and I'll see what happens cos i know that too much power can destroy a cars handling

[Double Post Removed, Again!]
What annoys me most about removing a double post of yours again isn't that it is Again, but it is the fact that you KNOW how to use the edit button but double post anyways. Whats with that? Stop it!
Please read the Rules for Proper Posting and General Forum Rules.
-TheMeandMe

Last edited by TheMeandMe; 03-08-2005 at 07:13 AM..
Old 03-08-2005   #18
Geovani8023

Send a message via AIM to Geovani8023

I've got a friend PR Smokey with a RX-7 no uniques that does 0-60 in 0.88 seconds and 6.80 in the quartermile. I've also got a civic...uniqued that does 0-60 in 1.20 seconds and quarter mile in 7.20
Geovani8023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005   #19
thetailorofc

I don't know how many people have noticed this, but at the 'end' of the game when you beat Caleb (easily!) Rachel says you can return to the Garage and select World Map to compete in any race again. What she doesn't tell you is that if you select a race you haven't completed, then pause and re-start it, you get the money and reputation points from that race! Also, this lets you race against 4x4s in any of your garage cars.
Old 03-12-2005   #20
Vash

i got 1.97 0-60 & 0-100 7.09 with 240sx
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #21
hakkafusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki
okay....found a way to eliminate the audi TT's horrible handling with a simple soloution....
one is get as much downforce as u can and 2ndly...DON'T get the sway bars,strut bars...i've tried driving my TT with 10.0 downforce,lvl 3 engine,ecu upgrades and STOCK suspension(apart frm the cabmer plates) and it performs like a dream....no understeer...in fact there was plenty of oversteer to play with...and of course...whenever possible,try lightening the car as much as possible,upgrade the brakes as much as u can and not forgetting the tyres
and for tyres...lets say if u have lvl 3 tyres so the grip lvl is 10.0 right? for the front leave it at 10.0 and for the rear make it to about 7.0(this one applies to Rwd and 4WD cars) and it'll help the car to turn by inducing some oversteer and btw this one does nto apply to the SUVs cos I'v tried it and i've failed miserably...

I'll try 2 experiment witht he turbo and I'll see what happens cos i know that too much power can destroy a cars handling

[Double Post Removed, Again!]
What annoys me most about removing a double post of yours again isn't that it is Again, but it is the fact that you KNOW how to use the edit button but double post anyways. Whats with that? Stop it!
Please read the Rules for Proper Posting and General Forum Rules.
-TheMeandMe
hey Itsuki, that helped me a bit.. but it doesn't correct the understeer.. perhaps all the upgrades are manditory for it to oversteer? (without turbo)... b/c right now i'm only Level 2 on most of the things =P
hakkafusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005   #22
Itsuki

okay dude....forgot to post this sorry but my TT now has racing coilovers...still no strut bars and sway bars...and try to increase the steering ratio...not too much and BTW optimal setting for tyres is 10.0 for front and 8.7 for rear....7.0 is too low as it will cause wheelspin even with the flat torque curve while moving off the line....and for FR cars apply this too..

Last edited by Itsuki; 03-18-2005 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: left out few points
Old 03-19-2005   #23
hakkafusion

hey thx man... when i was playing with the settings, I found that by lowering the shocks and springs, it makes the car easier to handle... cuz it will oversteer, and not understeer, not much better, but good enough... to be honest, most cars handles about the same in NFSU2 =P
hakkafusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #24
thetailorofc

To save money on audio equipment, purchase your new audio layout and exit the shop, (saving if necessary.) Then pause and 'Jump To Garage'. Go to change parts, then audio slots and you should be able to install various audio components. If you don't have the bits you want, return to explore mode and re-enter the shop. Buy one or two audio components that you want, exit and 'Jump To Garage' again. You should have more audio than you actually purchased. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes it works for other components as well.
Old 03-23-2005   #25
Itsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkafusion
hey thx man... when i was playing with the settings, I found that by lowering the shocks and springs, it makes the car easier to handle... cuz it will oversteer, and not understeer, not much better, but good enough... to be honest, most cars handles about the same in NFSU2 =P
did u remember to remove the strut bars and sway bars??
Old 03-25-2005   #26
CyRaX^

Ok nobody has answered my question... WHEN YOUR JUST DRIVING around as in NOT IN ANY RACE what settings is your car using? Circuit settings? Drag settings?
CyRaX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #27
thetailorofc

I use 'Circuit' with final drive ratio set towards acceleration - then the car is set up right for any 'Outrun' races.
Old 03-28-2005   #28
Time2Worship88

I've found that with the longer drag races, you need the final gear ratios set to top speed to keep from blowing your engine... but does anyone have any suspension tips for street X?
Time2Worship88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #29
Rapture
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRaX^
Ok nobody has answered my question... WHEN YOUR JUST DRIVING around as in NOT IN ANY RACE what settings is your car using? Circuit settings? Drag settings?
To my knowledge ... ( and please shoot me if I'm wrong coz I'm having problems of my own with da friggin game ) ... you will be driving around in the last setting YOU chose ... so if you set up your car for Circuits ... Circuits it will be ...
Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005   #30
Itsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
To my knowledge ... ( and please shoot me if I'm wrong coz I'm having problems of my own with da friggin game ) ... you will be driving around in the last setting YOU chose ... so if you set up your car for Circuits ... Circuits it will be ...
well okay heres what i've noiced....when driving in the STREETS u're always using "circuit" setup...if u really don't believe then tey going to the dyno and tune "circuit" and set all the gear ratios to the closest ratio possible...then drive on the road...u'll then know what i mean...thats how i found out what setting 2 use on the streets
Old 03-31-2005   #31
outlaw-2
Racer 666

hmm... But I think making the suspension in medium setting for circuits is best, cos' you can do grip handling and drift at your own pleasure. I tried it with my Hachi-Roku(AE86) and it went well in the city and the heights. But one thing that I went insane, I set the car height as follows...
Front= +0.05
Rear=-0.95

Insane? Yeah, cos' you guys might think my Hachi-Roku would spin out easily, but it doesn't. I've sourced through many games with tuning ability and got the hang of tuning every part of the car here, even the tires( set to mid-high grip)
Old 04-14-2005   #32
TheMeandMe
NFSCars Alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachferrari
I finally figured it out. You must use the CENTER mouse button or scroll wheel. If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, click and hold it on your car and you can turn it around and adjust the viewing angle in the menus and shops. Very handy!
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14066

might come in handy in this sticky.

come and join the fun in #nfs on irc.nfscars.net!

...:.Aequitas.:.Libertas.:.Veritas.:...
TheMeandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #33
chip5ndip
350zed

i really need help in dyno tuning. i don;t understand like any of that stuff. can any of u guys help me figure out the best way to tune a celica or corolla for circuit? almost everything ive done has made the car worse
chip5ndip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #34
Itsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip5ndip
i really need help in dyno tuning. i don;t understand like any of that stuff. can any of u guys help me figure out the best way to tune a celica or corolla for circuit? almost everything ive done has made the car worse
for corolla u hafta tune the engine towards the higher RPMs...(thats if u leave it as naturally aspirated meaning no turbos) if u've stucka turbo into your corolla then i can't help u here...for gear ratios try to make it towards acceleration....but too much u'll noice that your 0-100mph timing will decrease to try to have a balance....for suspension lower it to the max....the rest leave it...that works fine for me
Old 06-01-2005   #35
chip5ndip
350zed

and how do u tune it to make the rpms higher?i know you have to do something in ECU and turbo i just dont know how to put the bars or anything. i really dont know anything about cars. im not sure if a higher torque is better or w/e. im so confused
Old 06-01-2005   #36
Lachupacabra
=T.B.R.t= Clan

the "force" will guide you )
Old 06-01-2005   #37
chip5ndip
350zed

my celica gets a max torgue of 252.5 ft-lbs @5,150 rpm
and a max power of 424.6bhp @9450 rpm

i just wanna know if thats good or bad

Last edited by chip5ndip; 06-01-2005 at 07:26 PM..
Old 06-05-2005   #38
danieel199
ND4SPD Luver

well for drift i would have no downforce
no grip
brake-bias to back
Old 08-02-2005   #39
2DarkWolf2

Hi,

I've been trying to use the Supra lately, but I find it keeps getting loose exiting corners. Mainly in tight corners where you're sliding, it has this tendancy to start sliding as I try to accellerate off the corner and sometimes the back end just comes around and I end up sideways on the track. I only have most level 2 upgrades right now, I wondering is it swaybars I should be looking at? I have my downforce set to max and my steering ratio to max. Maybe because it's happening under accelleration I need to stiffen my rear suspension? Has anyone else dealt with this? Know how to fix it?

DW
2DarkWolf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #40
nextgendesign
Back in Black...

dont set your downforce to max.
nextgendesign is offline   Reply With Quote