Welcome to Ask Marc Episode 62, where Marc answers the most pressing questions from our online community this week. Topics discussed include:
Team Escape cars
And the next big thing on our plate
Click play to watch!
Ask Marc features Need for Speed World producer Marc De Vellis and NFS community manager Drew Hahn answering questions from the community about NFS World. You can submit your questions about NFS World on Marc De Vellis's Facebook page.
NFS World has been retiring cars and will continue to do so on a regular basis, so if you have had your eye on a certain beloved car, get it while you can!
With plenty of new cars being introduced weekly, weâ€™ll look to â€œexistingâ€ cars and temporarily retire them. Owners of the retired cars will still be able to race them, whereas others will need to wait until the car is once again available. Retired cars will become available again in the future, but at no guaranteed schedule. We will always give you a 1-week notice and list of the cars that are scheduled for retirement in the upcoming week. This gives you plenty of time to decide for yourself!
As of February 23rd, the following cars will be retired from our current inventory:
Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro Worthersee
Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro Speed
1965 Shelby Cobra "Daytona" CoupeÂ® Blue
Volkswagen Scirocco Zack
To help our community get their hands on these cars before theyâ€™re gone, these cars will be on sale for 20% off ALL WEEK!!! Now is your chance so donâ€™t miss out! Get these cars in your garage today!
The NFS World community has been hungry for this tuner for quite some time now and the wait is finally over! The RX-8 is Mazdaâ€™s next-generation rotary sports car that delivers an astonishing 9000 rpm of driving pleasure.
The uniquely thrilling RENESIS rotary engine powers the RX-8 experience with its free-revving, turbine smooth twin-rotor power plant.
This Tier 1 was born out of passion, fuelled by innovation and engineered to win! Reward yourself today by stopping at the Car Dealer and experience this high-revving sports car!
You asked for more Team Escape events and you got it!
Introducing not one, but two new Team Escape events, Underground and High Stakes! What sets these events apart from the others is that they were built for 2 players, perfect for satisfying the need for head-to-head racing!
Tuned for a shorter, more intense and epic experience, there are no tier restrictions with Underground and High Stakes. This means that players can take any car and try to out-run the cops.
As the events have become more challenging, the rewards have now been increased across the board. Try out Underground and High Stakes today!
Thwack! Thatâ€™s the sound of Cupid shooting his arrows of love!
To celebrate the upcoming holiday of flowers, chocolates and little red hearts, weâ€™re holding a Valentine Day's Customization Contest. But with a little twist!
Players are invited to create a Need for Speed World Valentineâ€™s Day postcard using either your vinyls or photoshopping skills! An official first for our contests, weâ€™re doing it this way to open this up to as many players as possible.
10 Beast 2011 promo codes for the top 10 winners are up for grabs!
Contest begins Friday February 10, 5pm PST and ends Tuesday February 14, 12pm PST. Email your ONE photo submissions to email@example.com. Be sure to put â€œValentineâ€™s Day Customization Contestâ€ in the subject line of your email. All submissions are eligible to win, however only ONE PICTURE / ONE VIEWPOINT will be accepted, so choose your best angle. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
Need for Speed World will gather all submitted pictures and upload them to our FB gallery on Tuesday February 14.
Customizations will be voted on by the Facebook community. The top 10 winners will be determined by the number of likes from our Facebook community. Community voting will take place from Tuesday February 14 until Friday February 17, 12pm PST. The top 10 winners will be announced on Friday February 17, 5pm PST.
There are no restrictions in regards to postcard design. The more creative, the better! Let love flow!
In episode 61, Marc answers the most pressing questions from our online community this week. This episode features a special guest, Azlan (NFSWorld track designer) who stops by to give you all some hints and tips on the latest Need for Speed World Team Escape events!
Click PLAY to watch!
Ask Marc features Need for Speed World producer Marc De Vellis and NFSDrew answering questions from the community about NFS World. You can submit your questions about NFS World on Marc De Vellis's Facebook page.
This year's Beast is here and with it, returns the origional Beast from 2011. Because two Beasts packs a punch! Fill your collection with the Lexus LFA and Corvette Z06!
Exotic In Looks And Beast At Heart!
The Lexus LFA is a Beast all on its own, thus making it a natural selection for this yearâ€™s â€œV10 Beast.â€
Its powerful V10 engine generates over 550hp and revs to more than 9000rpm, more than enough to make any driving enthusiast smile. The custom livery and â€œHeart Breakerâ€ neon also sets this bad boy apart from the rest!
Decked out in a high downforce wide-body kit and BBS alloys, this V10 Beast is ready to scream into the higher RPMâ€™s.
Go to the Car Dealer today and add this yearâ€™s â€œBeastâ€ to your collection!
The Beast Is Back!
One of the most popular cars ever in NFS World, â€œThe Beastâ€ returns and like its original partner, has had some recent upgrades.
Both original and new owners will experience the improved steering response, overall acceleration and top speed increase! You asked for it and you got it! These polish tunes will allow you to run with the front of the pack.
The Corvette Z06 features a snarling V8 under its louvered hood plus a wide body kit which adds to its aggressive stance! Its black paint job with red two-tones gives this Tier 3 predator even more presence.
Go to the Car Dealer today and add the original â€œBeastâ€ to your collection!
Add these Beauties to your car collection! This year's Beauty, the Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition, returns with the original Beauty from 2011, the Lexus IS-F just in time for Valentines!
She's Back With Even More Attitude!
The new Z06 Carbon Limited Edition â€œV8 Beautyâ€ has become the belle of the ball for this yearsâ€™ Valentines celebration.
The improved aluminum V8 engine produces over 500 horsepower and with refined aerodynamics, you will be able to hit your top-speed even quicker. This yearâ€™s Beauty features a wide body kit, 20â€ BBS alloys, a new custom livery plus a pink â€œshattered heartâ€ neon that will set you apart from the rest!
Hit the throttle and listen to the race-bred engine sing! Go to the Car Dealer today to complete your â€œBeautyâ€ and â€œThe Beastâ€ set!
Origional Beauty Returns With Upgraded Performance!
Making its illustrious return is last yearâ€™s â€œBeautyâ€, the Lexus IS-F. This tier 2 white-clad sports sedan has a sheer heart of gold and will leave your opponents in a trail of dust!
This Beauty has a secret - her female driver will pilot a V8 engine and suspension package that has been completely re-tuned and upgraded! Both original and new owners of this custom sedan will get to experience the refreshed tunings!
With its recent upgrades, the Lexus IS-F is now tuned to be a front runner and wonâ€™t disappoint. Go to the Car Dealer and get the original â€œBeautyâ€ while you can!
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / a game patch to Need for Speed World. Please see Release Notes below.
February 7th, 2012
Start: 2pm (14:00) PST – 5pm (17:00) EST – 10pm (22:00) GMT
End: 6pm (18:00) PST – 9pm (21:00) EST – 2am (2:00) GMT
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.
- Chat enhancements:
- Players are now able to chat while in the Safehouse
- When sending a whisper to another Driver, a separate chat filter is created to allow the player to see a record of the conversation between two players
- A notification icon will appear when receiving updates to specific chat filters
- - Two new Team Escape events have been added to the game: â€œHigh Stakesâ€ and â€œUndergroundâ€
- For a limited time only, A Valentine Aftermarket Card Pack is available for purchase and includes exclusive Valentineâ€™s Day Neons and License Plates
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 â€œ2011 Beastâ€ has been reintroduced to Need for Speed World and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- The Lexus IS F â€œ2011 Beautyâ€ has been reintroduced to Need for Speed World and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- An all new Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition â€œ2012 Beautyâ€ has been added to the game and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- An all new Lexus LFA â€œ2012 Beastâ€ has been added to the game and is available for purchase form the Car Dealer
- - Existing Team Escape events have been adjusted for difficulty. Time limits are now shorter, while Rep and Cash rewards have increased
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has undergone retuning to increase the carâ€™s top speed and enhance its handling
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 bumper cam has been adjusted
- The Lexus LFAâ€™s engine sound has been changed to match the real-life acoustics of the LFAâ€™s V10 4.8L engine and multi-stage exhaust system
- The Lexus IS F has undergone retuning to increase the carâ€™s top speed and enhance its handling
- A 7th gear has been added to the Lexus IS F
- The Lexus IS Fâ€™s bumper cam has been adjusted
- The â€œ/fâ€ friends chat functionality has been fixed
- Fixed an issue that caused exhaust tips to clip into the Lamborghini Countach 5000 QUATTROVALVOLEâ€™s body when equipped with visual packages
- Fixed an issue that caused 2 steering wheels to appear on the Nissan 200SX while in minimum level of detail
- Some missing vinyl thumbnail images were added for the Koenigsegg CCX â€œEliteâ€
- Some minor world/environment fixes were made
- Some missing mouse-over SFX were added when highlighting elements in the Aftermarket Shop
Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago LP 640 - Now Available for In-Game Cash!
January 27th 2012
Exotic fans get ready. 640HP combined with an AWD setup that distributes 70% of torque to the rear axle under most conditions makes this Big Bull an extreme ride. Not only does this car look the part, it drives like a true exotic should and challenges any in its class.
Could the Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago LP 640 be the car that dethrones the BMW GTR e46 in Need for Speed World free to play racing game? Put it through its paces and decide for yourself. The Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago LP 640 is now available for in-game cash!